XF 1.2 Home page change

Vitaly

For my homepage, when you go there, their is a white screen.
And I was wondering on how to change it to make it a page on the site.
If you want a direct link to that white page here :
www.thegamingcrook.com
Thanks in advance.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455

How can I move my installation to a different directory?
Update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information and move the files to the new directory (or rename the directory). You may need to restart the server for the change to take effect.
Note that redirection will be required to ensure any existing links continue to work.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455

How can I move my installation to a different directory?
Update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information and move the files to the new directory (or rename the directory). You may need to restart the server for the change to take effect.
Note that redirection will be required to ensure any existing links continue to work.
Aha sorry to bother you again Brogan.
I don't mean to be a "bug", but I'm having trouble understanding what you mean.
For instance, I'm not so sure of which directory my "Home" is at in my Server.
I have it in my "Public_Html", both separate directories, being cgi-bin, and community.

And just to ask this now, what's "redirection" ?
Thanks again Brogan.

you need to upload the forum files into the /public_html/ directory which is commonly known as your "root" directory (bottom line like C:\ drive on a PC) once you've ran the installation you'll always be taken to the forums home/index page. If you want a web-site up with a link to the forums on it then create a folder in /public_html/ called Forums and upload the forum folders into that then upload the main site into public_html/ or even just a "index.html" page with a link to the forums. I hope that helps?

ps: leave the .cgi bin folder alone its in there as part of the built in site/server, all you need is the /public_html/ directory :)

If you want a web-site up with a link to the forums on it then create a folder in /public_html/ called Forums and upload the forum folders into that then upload the main site into public_html/ or even just a "index.html" page with a link to the forums. I hope that helps?

ps: leave the .cgi bin folder alone its in there as part of the built in site/server, all you need is the /public_html/ directory :)
That part I bolded, I don't understand it. The main site is in the public_html/ in a directory.
I made the folder called forums, now do I download the whole site into that folder too?

That part I bolded, I don't understand it. The main site is in the public_html/ in a directory.
I made the folder called forums, now do I download the whole site into that folder too?
If you want your forum itself to show up there you need to move ALL files and directories from the /forum directory into your /public_html directory. If you want another page to show up and have a link on it to the forum then you need to create an index.html with the necessary HTML code, install WordPress or something like that.
You need to decide what you want - the forum to show up by default or another page with a link somewhere to the forum.

If you want your forum itself to show up there you need to move ALL files and directories from the /forum directory into your /public_html directory. If you want another page to show up and have a link on it to the forum then you need to create an index.html with the necessary HTML code, install WordPress or something like that.
You need to decide what you want - the forum to show up by default or another page with a link somewhere to the forum.
Thanks Tracy.
I just moved the files, and now "Home" just goes to the forums.

Thanks Tracy.
I just moved the files, and now "Home" just goes to the forums.
What exactly are you wanting it to do... go to a "portal" with an non-forum related info? If so, then you will have to create an individual html file (or php or use a CMS on the front end) and place a link to your forum there. To get rid of the "home" tab you can go into the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information and remove anything shown in the Home Page URL.

What exactly are you wanting it to do... go to a "portal" with an non-forum related info? If so, then you will have to create an individual html file (or php or use a CMS on the front end) and place a link to your forum there. To get rid of the "home" tab you can go into the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information and remove anything shown in the Home Page URL.
Is there a way for me too hook up XenPorta?
Like get rid of the home, and keep the XenPorta?

One more question Tracy.
You know how Xenforo staff, has the their name, then the staff ribbon.
Do you know how to change that so the Ribbon is above the name?
Template edit. Probably message_user_info

Look for
Code:
        <h3 class="userText">
            <xen:username user="$user" itemprop="name" rich="true" />
            <xen:if hascontent="true"><em class="userTitle" itemprop="title"><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper userTitle, $user, 1, 1}</xen:contentcheck></em></xen:if>
            {xen:helper userBanner, $user, 'wrapped'}
            <!-- slot: message_user_info_text -->

and try
Code:
        <h3 class="userText">
            {xen:helper userBanner, $user, 'wrapped'}
            <xen:username user="$user" itemprop="name" rich="true" />
            <xen:if hascontent="true"><em class="userTitle" itemprop="title"><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper userTitle, $user, 1, 1}</xen:contentcheck></em></xen:if>
            <!-- slot: message_user_info_text -->

You may have to play with the EXTRA.css for placement. I think the way it works though it will place both banners (the staff and user group) above. You may be able to just play with the EXTRA.css for the staff banner and move it. I don't use them so not really sure.

Top Bottom