Home and Forum-Tabs / how to remove Forum-Tab ?

erich37

So I have the 2 Tabs "Home" and "Forum" both directing to my homepage at www.domain.com

How do I get rid of the either one of those 2 Tabs ?

I would rather want to have my main Tab named "Home" and get rid of the "Forum"-Tab.

Any way to do this ?
Should I rather wait with this until XF-stable is out ?

Many thanks,

So I have the 2 Tabs "Home" and "Forum" both directing to my homepage at www.domain.com

How do I get rid of the either one of those 2 Tabs ?

I would rather want to have my main Tab named "Home" and get rid of the "Forum"-Tab.

Any way to do this ?
Should I rather wait with this until XF-stable is out ?

Many thanks,

In your navigation template, search for;

Code:
<!-- home -->
<li class="navTab home PopupClosed"><a href="{$homeLink}" class="navLink">{xen:phrase home}</a></li>

Remove this and you're done. Simple as that :)

will this remove the "Home"-Tab or the "Forum"-Tab ?

I would like to remove the "Forum"-Tab and have the Main-page with the "Home"-Tab.

Many thanks,

That will remove the Home tab, so you will want the one that is directly under that I would expect. I will just login to my admin cp and check that for you and copy the code to this post!!

After a quick look, it will be easier and simpler to remove the Home link. If you are determined you want to get rid of the Forum one, then I think that could be a little harder!! I am not really supposed to be on here so I can't really look through it properly, but I will later if no-one else has put it up before hand.

I have had another quick look, and it is possible. I will run through it on this thread a bit later once I am home for you, and it is a simple, find and replace by the look of it!!

Here's how to remove the Home link, and keep the Forum link from the main navigation...

Find and remove:
Code:
		<!-- home -->
		<li class="navTab home PopupClosed"><a href="{$homeLink}" class="navLink">{xen:phrase home}</a></li>

Then find:
Code:
				<a href="{$tabs.forums.href}" class="navLink">{$tabs.forums.title}</a>

And replace with:
Code:
				<a href="{$tabs.forums.href}" class="navLink">{xen:phrase home}</a>

That will get rid of the Home link, and then re-name the Forum one to "Home" (thus, keeping the home one, and getting rid of the forum one) whilst also keeping all of the functionality of the forum link!! It is rather complicated, and with just a glance can confuse you!!

do we have any chance to easily get rid of the Forum-Tab in XF-Beta 3 ???

When running a Forum only (without a page at "Home") it does not look great to have both "Home" and "Forum" showing the same page.
This is kinda confusing for the user.

Thanks !

There are tons of other options available, so I am actually quite surprised that such a crucial (well at least logical) thing is not build in as an option.

Sorry, but this is strange for me.

Good idea.
This thread is similar to this thread.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/home-and-forum-tabs-how-to-remove-forum-tab.5533/

and is also similar to this thread.

An option to remove the Home in the navigation bar and breadcrumb
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...me-in-the-navigation-bar-and-breadcrumb.6205/
I'll merge this thread with the first thread, but not the 2nd thread because that has some votes attached to the first post which would be lost with a merge.

Just for the assistance of those that come across this thread later:

The solution suggested; making the "Home" tab disappear if the Options -> Basic Board Information -> Home Page URL field in the ACP was left blank was implemented. :)

Just for the assistance of those that come across this thread later:

The solution suggested; making the "Home" tab disappear if the Options -> Basic Board Information -> Home Page URL field in the ACP was left blank was implemented. :)
So is the home tab the only URL that uses the home page URL field? I'd imagine 'Home' on the breadcrumb does too?

I though the Quick Nav Home link would also be mapped to it but it isn't, it's mapped to the Board URL.

I think that might be a mistake actually as my Home page URL is /community/pages/home/ yet the Quick Nav Home link goes to /community

Is there a way to hide the the little tab icons? i.e I don't want a little house next to the home tab. I'm hoping I could just add a line to extra.css or something like that.

Top Bottom