Holiday Joy [Deleted]

Thanks for the add-on, I love it. (y)

The ability to have an occasional random 1 minute snow shower would be absolutely awesome - maybe for next Christmas? ;)

I have an old 1.3.4 installation... when I try to disable this addon un-checking it from the addon list the decorations remain active (style properties, too).
someone have the same issue?

I would like to not uninstall to have it ready next year...

I have an old 1.3.4 installation... when I try to disable this addon un-checking it from the addon list the decorations remain active (style properties, too).
someone have the same issue?

I would like to not uninstall to have it ready next year...
Pretty certain style properties do not get disabled when disabling an add-on so things will still be active to an extent but disabling this on our 1.5 boards does remove any decorations that were previously active. Will need @Russ to check it out but he may need to see your site to debug it.

what would be the reason for the addon working on mobile but not on desktop? yes I cleared cache but still not working.

I'd need to see a live example of it happening to see what's going on. As far as I can think of nothing in the add-on itself.

Hi @Russ we have a custom theme that you built and it works perfect on that, but using an older theme it doesn't.
What templates does it change exactly please?
I manually applied the code to all I could find but still no joy..
Thank you, and this is amazing.

You'll need to check: Template Modifications for Holiday Joy, see which ones aren't applying.

May need to manually edit the templates depending on your setup but I can take a look if you'd like to send details via a PM.

for anyone that wants, i ran the images in kraken.io
visually, cant tell any difference.

55b6deb38666444da32cf8a65a3edf78.png

Just the images http://www.mediafire.com/file/rdaki9udu9wks2o/kraken-1481265281784.zip

hey how do I make the snow flakes fall even further down the page before the melt? I'm not good with Javascript... if anyone could show me what controls the max depth or hight before the flakes melt.

also how do I make the flakes relative to page not stuck as in. when you scroll down the page you don't even see them falling from the top. its like they are stuck to a fixed hight of the page.

hey how do I make the snow flakes fall even further down the page before the melt? I'm not good with Javascript... if anyone could show me what controls the max depth or hight before the flakes melt.

also how do I make the flakes relative to page not stuck as in. when you scroll down the page you don't even see them falling from the top. its like they are stuck to a fixed hight of the page.
under admin > appearance > theme template > holiday_joy.css
the distance is this section
Code:
@keyframes snow_anim_1
{
    0%   { transform: translate(0, 0) rotate(0); }
    100% { transform: translate(-70px, 630px) rotate(70deg); }
}

@keyframes snow_anim_2
{
    100% { transform: translate(70px, 640px) rotate(-70deg); }
}

@keyframes snow_anim_3
{
    100% { transform: translate(30px, 550px) rotate(45deg); }
}

@keyframes snow_anim_4
{
    100% { transform: translate(-30px, 600px) rotate(-45deg); }
}

@keyframes snow_anim_5
{
    100% { transform: translate(0px, 660px) rotate(50deg); }
}

the section where it says in animation 1
100% { transform: translate(-70px, 630px) rotate(70deg); }
630px is the distance down the page.
now if you set that to say 1630px the animation speed needs adjusted as it will just fly down the page.

above that section of code is
Code:
.let_it_snow.snow_duration_1
{
    animation-duration: 8s;
}

.let_it_snow.snow_duration_2
{
    animation-duration: 7s;
}

.let_it_snow.snow_duration_3
{
    animation-duration: 6s;
}
.let_it_snow.snow_duration_4
{
    animation-duration: 5s;
}
.let_it_snow.snow_duration_5
{
    animation-duration: 4s;
}
.let_it_snow.snow_delay_1
{
    animation-delay: 5s;
}
.let_it_snow.snow_delay_2
{
    animation-delay: 4s;
}
.let_it_snow.snow_delay_3
{
    animation-delay: 3s;
}
.let_it_snow.snow_delay_4
{
    animation-delay: 2s;
}
.let_it_snow.snow_delay_5
{
    animation-delay: 1s;
}
where it says animation-delay you'll want to extend the 1 or 2s to match the amount of distance you're giving it.
this way it slows down the animation and doesn't look like heavy rain, giving the illusion of snow actually falling.

Russ, thanks for this, any chance of some variations for other events such as New Years, Easter, Halloween etc? I'd willingly pay for each one. ;)

Russ, thanks for this, any chance of some variations for other events such as New Years, Easter, Halloween etc? I'd willingly pay for each one. ;)

I would like to get some other events going, I think the plugin is really nice as it is for Christmas time obviously but having the ability to toggle on other graphics for other holidays would be nice. When time permits I'll revisit this.

one for fall wouldn't be hard to do on our own. just swap the images out for falling leaves and the snow mounds for mounds of leaves.
not sure what would go in place of the other images.

Top Bottom