Not a bug High users online and dispatchError

diego222

Affected version
Hi

Usually I only have 10-30 users online, but sometimes it goes up to 400.... 500.... 800 users online:

1 - All of them are guests
2 - All of them are viewing "Unknown page"
3 - When I put the mouse above that "unknow page" I see this XF\PUB\Controller\Error:: DispatchError
4 - When I check the IP... ALL of them are from:

-Microsoft Corporation
-Datacenter
-United States
-Iowa
-Des Moines

And no, my server is perfectly fine (1... 2% like always), no hardware issues, no software issues (no high processe, etc...).

So ... whats the reason of that high number of online users, all of them seeing the same error and all of them from Iowa / Des Moines ?

Its not all explained, its not a ddos attack, so if you dont know the answer its ok, but don't redirectme to another post that doesn't have a solution

Its not all explained, its not a ddos attack, so if you dont know the answer its ok, but don't redirectme to another post that doesn't have a solution
There are WELL more than simple DDOS attack processes.... if you read through that thread, you would realize it. The site showing as a visitor could be running an IP sniffer looking for open ports.
It is a KNOWN issue from MS Azure site in Iowa that is currently occurring. And that error you reflect could easily be from the method that they are using to connect to your site.

As the posts in this thread have stated, there are various issues at play currently related to MS and Azure data centers, as well as a recent breach and data dump.

Even then, without those factors, XF has no control over visitors/servers so again, it's not an XF bug.

Top Bottom