XF 1.3 Hiding the "Admin" button from showing when giving a user a certain administrator permission

Wolfe

Sorry for the long title, I'll explain a bit more: On my forum, I have "member managers" that are able to modify a user's group to make them a so-called advanced site member. This is an administrative permission, though, and I don't want to give them access to the admin control panel because giving them this permission also allows them to manage moderators, create users, accept unapproved members, and a few other administrative things. So, my objected is to:
  1. Hide the "Admin Button" I know that hiding it doesn't disable them from going to it directly via URL, but my member managers normally wouldn't try this anyway.
  2. If possible, disable their access to the admin CP all together.
  3. If 2 isn't possible, create a custom group that only has permission to edit a users group rather than also being able to modify moderators, create users, accept unapproved members, and anything else that's considered "administrative" and not moderative.
Any suggestions or guides would be appreciated.

You should contact the developer of the "member managers" add-on to override the core functionality in this case.
Sorry, I should have been more clear: A "member manager" is a role-thing I assign somebody, it doesn't have any plugin or anything to go along with it, they just obtain the "Manage users and moderators" admin permission so they can change regular members into an advanced member group based on criteria out-of-the-forum. I'm fine with them managing user's and their groups, but I don't want them to manage moderators and higher ranks, sort of like a custom moderator usergroup that seperates these permissions from the single "Manage users and moderators" permission.

Ah, I see.

On my forum, I have "member managers" that are able to modify a user's group to make them a so-called advanced site member.
If you hide the Admin log in link though and disable their access to the ACP, how do they manage the users and user groups?

Ah, I see.

If you hide the Admin log in link though and disable their access to the ACP, how do they manage the users and user groups?
I guess I didn't take into consideration that the "Edit" button on a profile takes you to the ACP. My bad. Is there anyway to create a custom moderator permission that only allows changing groups, not modifying moderators and such?

Top Bottom