• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Hiding "Pages" from Admin Node Tree

JVCode

I'm wanting to build a website based around "pages" but there would be literally hundreds of pages added, well this would destroy my node tree in the admincp, I'd like to just show forums/categories here, is there anyway I could organize "Pages" on the node tree to the point where I'm able to expand and minimize my pages list ?I hope I've explained it enough.

Plus, is adding literally hundreds of pages going to impact performance? is it like mass adding forums, or are they the same as having static pages on a site, and the only resources(bandwidth) that are used is when a member visits that page.

I've got about 100 Pages so far on my site.
Performance isn't affected but as you say, the node tree in the ACP is quite long.

The sub-forum dropdown and Quick Nav menu are also a bit unwieldy so I will likely have to set some of the Pages to "not visible" and manually create the node navigation on each master page.

1 of 100 pages will be displayed on forum home page. It's just the admin part that's stopping me from going ahead with my plans. Any help with this problem is greatly appreciated.

I'd also love to have the ability to configure the permissions system further, so members who I want to maintain the "pages" can do so without having access to the other node tree items.

I suspect you will need to request an add-on to be able to hide/collapse nodes in the ACP as there is no way of doing it currently.

As far as I am aware, editing permissions for Pages has already been suggested - if I find the thread I'll link to it here.
Ah, I just re-read your comment, you mean more granularity on the existing Admin permission for manage nodes.

Top Bottom