• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Hide the IP of SuperAdmins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

This mod will hide Ip of the Super Admin in posts, i.e. their IP''s will not be logged when they post. This is ideal for privacy.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the addon_HideIpSadmin.xml file inside the mod package and ht the Install Add On button.

To configure the mod go to Options in your Acp->Messages and all the way to the bottom you will see 2 new options. One is to enable/disable the mod and the other to enter the id of the superadmin. By default it affects those Super Admins whose userid is 1. If your userid is not 1 then enter your custom uid at the second setting.

For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots below.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

Attachments

• Admin CP - XenForo_1287695852424.webp
    Admin CP - XenForo_1287695852424.webp
    7.9 KB · Views: 200
  • HideIpSadmin.zip
    HideIpSadmin.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 166
I have to ask. Aren't IP's already hidden? As in completely hidden to the point that Ban by IP is not possible?
Was the resolve IP added to Beta 2?

Great work

Waiting for more from you

I have to ask. Aren't IP's already hidden? As in completely hidden to the point that Ban by IP is not possible?
Was the resolve IP added to Beta 2?

The IP were added at the Beta 2. This makes the IP of the super admin invisible.

How are multiple IDs entered if there is more than 1 Superadmin?

That is for only one Super Admin. But I will see to add it for more.

Pardon my ignorance. I can not for the life of me find where in the ACP the place is located to find members IP's or my own for that matter. And i am admin.

Currently the only way of checking a member's IP address is by using the Spam cleaner or the IP link in posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom