Add-on Hide Subforum from Users Online ($15)

DRE

Can someone create a modification that hides which subforum a user is viewing? For instance, when a guest is viewing a member profile and that member is viewing a thread in a subforum that they do not have permissions too, it says "User is viewing a thread" instead of "User is viewing The Random GIFs thread" for example. Currently this is only done by permissions but there is a subforum that I want everyone to be able to view but not be able to see which threads they are viewing in the subforum. The name of the subforum shouldn't even come up. Should just be "User is viewing a forum or viewing a thread".

I'd pay $15 for it.

Last edited:
Edit library/controllerpublic/ thread.php and change the function for session activity so that if nodeid == whatever it returns blank. I'm not on a computer so I can't give you exact code right this second.

line 1708 of library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php

Code:
if ($threadModel->canViewThreadAndContainer($thread, $thread) && $thread['node_id'] != 78)

change 78 to the subid.

Code:
if ($threadModel->canViewThreadAndContainer($thread, $thread) && $thread['node_id'] != 78)

change 78 to the subid.
Like this?

/**
* @return XenForo_Model_Forum
*/
protected function _getForumModel()
{
return $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_Forum');

}

/**
* @return XenForo_Model_Thread
*/
protected function _getThreadModel()
{
return $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_Thread');
}

No sorry I guess we have different files. Hold on. Find
Code:
if ($threadModel->canViewThreadAndContainer($thread, $thread))
and replace it with the line I gave you.

Code:

change 78 to the subid.
I dont think that is extractly exactly for editing. By the way You should replace seasonActivity, some controller you must do:
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread/Forum

Last edited:
I haven't done anything yet btw, was away from computer. Was about to try now.

Until I read what nobita wrote. I guess I'll wait till I get paid and offer a donation for whoever can make this.

I dont think that is extractly for editing. By the way You should replace seasonActivity, some controller you must do:
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread/Forum

I know. Obviously you -shouldn't- edit a core file. However, I honestly think this is such an odd request that it doesn't warrant me making an add on and it's an easy solution. So I was just trying to help him out.

I know. Obviously you -shouldn't- edit a core file. However, I honestly think this is such an odd request that it doesn't warrant me making an add on and it's an easy solution. So I was just trying to help him out.
Hah? I don't said that edit core file. I'm only show something if someone want to make that ;)

However, I honestly think this is such an odd request that it doesn't warrant me making an add on.
I'll explain a bit further. I use xfrocks Anonymous Posting addon for some threads. I'll upgrade your account on my site so that you can see our anonymous subforum. When you read one of the threads you will see some members try to guess who wrote what. At first they used 'Who Has Read A Thread' to guess who posted but as @BirdOPrey5 pointed out to me when he created a thread there once, I had to turn that feature off for that subforum. So I did.

That did not solve the problem. Nosey members would then view member profiles or the Whos Online list to see who was posting in the Anonymous subforum and viewing which threads. At first I gave up and deleted the whole subforum. Then I decided to try again but this time I merged the new Anonymous threads into one big thread so that it would be harder to guess who wrote what since everyone in that subforum would be viewing the same thread.

That sorta worked but it still narrowed down which members were in there.

I think this option should be added into xfrocks addon or be a separate addon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom