Lack of interest Hide Reply Editor For Staff In Locked Threads

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

ibnesayeed

It would be nice to initially hide the quick reply editor for everyone and give an option for staff members to reveal the editor explicitly when necessary. Here is why I am asking for this:

Locked threads have tiny lock icon and a thin line of locked thread notice above and below the thread. For normal members the quick reply editor is not shown below locked thread but it does appear for staff members. Indeed this is how it should be. But we encounter many such occasions when a staff member has locked a thread and some other staff member has posted reply in the same thread without noticing that the thread was actually locked. Replies from staff member in locked threads should ideally be some sort of notice, warning, announcement or request. But if unintentionally a staff member posts a reply that pushes the discussion forward, members start complaining that staff is misusing their power by posting their views on topic and not allowing others to do so.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What if another staff member wants to add to the notice, or give an update? It'd be tedious to have to unlock the thread, post, then re-lock the thread. I don't see the problem with allowing staff members to post in locked threads.

What if another staff member wants to add to the notice, or give an update? It'd be tedious to have to unlock the thread, post, then re-lock the thread. I don't see the problem with allowing staff members to post in locked threads.
And why do you think that my suggestion will ever prevent other staff members from posting reply. I am just asking to hide the reply editor temporarily (using JavaScript) and have a button there to reveal it when needed. This way it will prevent staff from posting replies that they would have never posted if they knew that the thread is locked. Every now and then we hear such complaints from members that the staff is misusing their power... :-)

Not sure hiding the editor is the answer, but I do agree there should be some type of notice that the thread is locked.