Hide Poll Results

Hide Poll Results 2.2.1

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Hide Poll Results - Allows you to set various permissions relating to poll results

Forum user-group based permissions to allow poll contents to be hidden.

Permissions (per-forum)
  • Hide poll results
  • Bypass hidden poll results by self
  • Bypass hidden poll results by all

The first will give users an additional option when they are creating or editing a poll:
View attachment 170561

If poll results are hidden, then they will remain completely hidden to everyone until either, the "Hide poll results" box is unchecked or the poll ends (if...

Read more about this resource...

@Nirjonadda there is a bug where the extra 'hide poll results' bit only shows up when creating a poll for an existing thread; not for a new thread

Just a question please before installing this addon :

Can we hide the usernames of members who voted even if the poll is finished ??

I´m a bit confused, Xon. AFAIU the results will only show, when the poll becomes manually edited. Why not showing the results automaticly when the poll expires? Or did I get this wrong?

The major idea behind this add-on is to keep the results private until it is finished. Users can see and change their vote; but without seeing what everyone else has voted for.

The major idea behind this add-on is to keep the results private until it is finished. Users can see and change their vote; but without seeing what everyone else has voted for.
May be I should have been more specific: the results become visible (automaticly), when the poll deadline is over? Or is the user or admin forced to edit the poll manually after the poll end date is reached?

Yes, it will be automatically become visible after the deadline or if the admin forces it to be visible.

Looks like the template_modifications.xml is looking for the following template line:
<xf:checkboxrow label="{{ phrase('options') }}">

Unfortunately that line doesn't exist, as poll_macros has changed, and the line in the base template reads as such:
<xf:checkboxrow label="{{ phrase('options') }}" rowtype="{$rowType}}">

Manually removing the closing > in the 'find' section of the template_modifications.xml got it to show up for me as an emergency measure.

Top Bottom