XF 2.2 Hide just the Approval Queue notice in toolbar?

Thank you!

I changed it a little so it only shows "Reports". Now it works great. Thanks!

Code:
.p-staffBar-link.badgeContainer[href$="approval-queue/"]
{
    display: none;
}

.p-staffBar-link.menuTrigger
{
    display: none;
}

2-AQ.webp

Just curious why you want to hide the approval queue? if you want to hide it for moderator, you can remove the permission approve/unapprove threads and posts and approve/unapprove users.

I do want Moderators to have the ability to approve and unapproved posts. However, that number of (184) messages in the Approval queue is a false positive.

In my old forum, mods used "unapproved posts" to leave messages for other mods within the thread itself. Like leaving a note that only mods can see, and regular users could not.

After importing to Xenforo, this translated to 184 messages waiting in the Approval queue. Which would obviously cause problems if any accidentally became approved and visible to regular users.

So I thought it would be best to hide the approval queue, and let mods do it the old fashion way, but stumbling across an unapproved post in the forum and then deciding on the spot if it should be approved or not.

Now I'm open to other suggestions if there are any!

I read somewhere that I could place <mod approval queue = 0!> in the code somewhere. I'm not sure how to do that, or if it is even a better idea. I only chose this route because I have some basic understanding of how to add CSS to the extra.less file. That's all. :-)

Thanks!

After importing to Xenforo, this translated to 184 messages waiting in the Approval queue. Which would obviously cause problems if any accidentally became approved and visible to regular users.
If the posts have been dealt with then why not just soft delete them?

Or move the posts to a moderator forum.

The approval queue is meant to be a short term function - content should not be left in it permanently.

Most the posts are already in the "private support" section, and need to be kept permanently as a record of events.

It seemed like the best system we had with vBulletin (and afaict, it seems like the best system we now have with xenforo too).

Basically,

Private Support : Case UserABC vs PlayerX:

UserABC : PlayerX is cheating and won't leave me alone
Mod1 : Thanks, we'll look in to it
Mod1 (unapproved post) : UserABC seems to be trolling PlayerX
ModBrogan (unapproved post) : True but PlayerX is also cheating, and is using a second account named PlayerY
Mod1 (unapproved post) : Should we ban them both?
ModBrogan (unapproved post) : Naw, just ban PlayerY, and give PlayerX and UserABC a warning, and now we have this thread as a reference.
Mod1 (unapproved post) : okay
Mod1 : We looked in to it and dealt with PlayerX. You will also get a warning for trolling, so don't do it again, we now have a permanent file on both of you.

So, as you can see, we can't delete the posts, and it just added 5 more notices to the Approval queue.

I'm open to a better solution though.....

Just split the posts off to a new thead in the mod forum, with a link to the original thead in the first post.

Or use the report system, which is exactly that use case.

Top Bottom