Hide Avatars from Guest [Deleted]

Just a little one

closing tag should be

PHP:
</xen:if>
You are correct. A small oversight on my part.... I made this "on the fly" (in the moment & quickly).

Seems as though I forgot something.... Thanks for pointing this out igrec :)

edit: Actually, you're wrong. ..... Well you're not wrong that it's needed.... You're right about that. However, you are wrong in saying that it is missing.

It does close with <xen:if /> ;)

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/hide-avatars-from-guest.1799/

^ If you actually read the resource.... It is there. I was not missing it. So no correction is needed.

Yeap, the resource has cut the end. I just jumped into the discussion and missed the "...".

what purpose the else serves? It works with no <xen:else />
You know, while you were wrong about the first thing you reported.....

You're right about this one though. See... There was something off. :p

I had copied and pasted the closing tag from one of my other modifications which required it to display a notice....
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/remove-members-list.1036/

Again this current template edit was done on the fly (quickly & in the moment).

At this moment, I'm not busy...

Ok then the idea is to move the "username". I know the xen's devs have done everything to avoid copying others. So I though how about brake the rules and actually have usernames not in the top but in the bottom of the posts. Styled with funky font. Just like in the real life, the person's name goes into the bottom of a letter. The reason is so we don't need to worry about the long usernames breaking into lines.

And then it can be modified to show no avarat's block in the PMs(here is the else would play nicely), a big space benefit for forums with fixed width.

Ok then the idea is to move the "username". I know the xen's devs have done everything to avoid copying others. So I though how about brake the rules and actually have usernames not in the top but in the bottom of the posts. Styled with funky font. Just like in the real life, the person's name goes into the bottom of a letter. The reason is so we don't need to worry about the long usernames breaking into lines.

And then it can be modified to show no avarat's block in the PMs(here is the else would play nicely), a big space benefit for forums with fixed width.

So a basic mock-up is you would want something like this?

Capture.webp

Yeap, kida like that for the forum threads. More like this

View attachment 46251

and this for convos
View attachment 46252
Getting it like that wouldn't be hard.

The font type would be an issue though. You'd want to keep to web font standards for user compatibility.

You could technically include the font on your server, so that it would automatically be downloaded and loaded in the browser for proper display, but not all browsers support this... Typically mobile devices would have a big issue on that.

But the basic concept that you want, can easily be done.

Getting it like that wouldn't be hard.

The font type would be an issue though. You'd want to keep to web font standards for user compatibility.

You could technically include the font on your server, so that it would automatically be downloaded and loaded in the browser for proper display, but not all browsers support this... Typically mobile devices would have a big issue on that.

But the basic concept that you want, can easily be done.

Yeah I know about the fonts , Luchida just was the first funky one in the top of my head.

Yeah I know about the fonts , Luchida just was the first funky one in the top of my head.
I'm not at exactly at home at this moment. I'd need to install my test site before I get working on this. But I should have a working prototype tonight or tomorrow.

As this is fairly easy (I did something similar for someone else); I'll release this to the public at no cost. :)

Is this also compatible with XF 1.2.1?
I've not checked it out.... It's only a template edit, so you're welcome to find out for everyone else. It's easy and safe to change back should it not.

(Always wonder why people don't test things themselves)

I want to show Avatars to all, Guests and normal User, but i have 2 active Users who want not to see avatars. Is it possible to make the if Condition work with User ID´s?

User Id 543 - show no Avatars
All othres - show avatars

I want to show Avatars to all, Guests and normal User, but i have 2 active Users who want not to see avatars. Is it possible to make the if Condition work with User ID´s?

User Id 543 - show no Avatars
All othres - show avatars
Is there a way to edit this to hide avatars for another group if a specific one was created?
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/conditional-statements.1604/

^^ All the information either of you will need to change this so it works for select groups or users can be found there.

Top Bottom