XF 1.5 Hide a forum for everyone but a select group?

rowlers

I have searched and tried a few things but I can't quite seem to get this right...
We have a BST (Classified) section of our forum. This is currently available to view by any one, but no posting is available until you have made x number of posts and been a member forx number of days. This works fine, but I also wish to completely hide this forum until these conditions are met..
I can't work out how to do this.
We have "registered", "member", "full member" and "classifieds" user groups.

I have tried, node tree, permissions, classifieds, and ticked never for view node for "registered" users, but this removes the forum from view for everyone.
It is marked as a private node.
Any tips?

Thanks
I think that's what I done but I have users complaining that they can't see it even though they are in the correct groups...
Revoked for member, full member and registered, allowed for Classifieds group...

Have you tried the Private node option? That keeps things rather simple. Although this is for XF2, it's the same setup for XF1

Literally this simple, after this only the "Administrative" group will have access:
privatenode.gif

I think I know what I have done, I clicked on the "quick check all box" which over wrote some permissions, granting user thread and post deletion rights.
I have reverted these changes and I have now got what I set out to achieve.
And I now understand the permission system much better!
Thanks folks

Top Bottom