Hi Everyone - General Questions about XF

pols1337

Hi everyone

I run a small forum community on another software (don't know if anyone has heard of IP.Board / Invision).

Looking to migrate over to XF and hoping the community can help make some recommendations:
1. How is mail bouncing handled? Is it handled natively, or is there a 3rd party mod?

2. One of the features I really liked about Invision is it's ability to create databases (not just articles, but freeform databases). It was one of the reasons why I didn't initially go with XF since I didn't see a native app. Is there a 3rd party mod that might be similar where I could create dictionaries or reference materials.

How is mail bouncing handled? Is it handled natively, or is there a 3rd party mod?
Bounce can be handled internally. You do need a dedicated email account that is set for your bounce address though and it much allow POP/IMAP access.

One of the features I really liked about Invision is it's ability to create databases (not just articles, but freeform databases). It was one of the reasons why I didn't initially go with XF since I didn't see a native app. Is there a 3rd party mod that might be similar where I could create dictionaries or reference materials.
And this still is not a native ability.
XenAddons has some 3rd party add-ons, some of which may be able to do what you want.

Top Bottom