Hence, Realise & Dollars

MQK8

Since becoming a member of this great community and now owning a few Xenforo licenses and other addons and styles, why is the prices of products in several different currencies rather than just one? Also I see "hence" a lot, us Americans don't use that word, is that the same thing as "therefore"? Also people in the U.S. spell realize with a z and not with an s, is this another UK thing? Finally, since the founders of Xenforo (with the exception of Mike) are mostly from the UK and are UK based, why are the licenses sold in dollars and not in pounds? Just some silly questions my mind has wondered.

Since becoming a member of this great community and now owning a few Xenforo licenses and other addons and styles, why is the prices of products in several different currencies rather than just one?
Quite a few digital goods are in multiple currencies, often at least dollars and euros.

Also I see "hence" a lot, us Americans don't use that word, is that the same thing as "therefore"?
hence

as a consequence; for this reason.
"many vehicle journeys (and hence a lot of pollution) would be saved"
synonyms: in consequence, consequently, as a consequence, for this reason, therefore, thus, so, accordingly, as a result, because of that, that being so, that being the case, on that account; ergo
"many vehicle journeys (and hence a lot of pollution) would be saved"
from now (used after a period of time).
"two years hence they might say something different"
archaic
from here.
"hence, be gone"

Also people in the U.S. spell realize with a z and not with an s, is this another UK thing?
Yes.

Finally, since the founders of Xenforo (with the exception of Mike) are mostly from the UK and are UK based, why are the licenses sold in dollars and not in pounds? Just some silly questions my mind has wondered.
British pounds are only really used in the UK, making your prices like that means the majority of your customers are going to have to convert the prices to their own currency and possibly pay more due to conversion rates. The dollar is used much more world wide, so it makes sense to (also) use that as a currency. Like I said, a lot of digital goods use at least dollar and euros as currency.

Top Bottom