Help!

Twitchy

So, im a noob.

I have purchased a forum, and am trying to hold my ground with it. It has a few thousand members already registered, and a semi-active community. I have never owned a forum, nor posted in them very often. There seems to be some issues with registering for the forum, I have tried to create a 'bogus' account to register, and I cannot get it to work. There is a required email verification, but when I try to register with a new account, the email is never received, so the potential member never gets the opportunity to actually register. I realize this is very vague, but im not even sure where to start. I have full access to the server files, and xenforo admin panel, but I have no idea what im looking at. The server error log seems to be pretty 'active' but looks like gobblygook to me.

Anyone have any suggestions? Again..im a noob

Does the e-mail ever return to the board e-mail address with a bounce message?

Im not sure what you mean here. When I tried to register the bogus account, I never received a confirmation email. As an admin, I didn't see anything in the admin panel and had to manually search for my bogus account. Once found, I had to change its status from 'waiting on email verification' to verified.

Im not sure what you mean here. When I tried to register the bogus account, I never received a confirmation email. As an admin, I didn't see anything in the admin panel and had to manually search for my bogus account. Once found, I had to change its status from 'waiting on email verification' to verified.

Admin Panel -> Options -> Basic Board Info.. Forth field - Contact E-Mail Address (Email address where board-related messages will be sent). Check that mail account for bounced messages. If your not receiving the conformation e-mail, good chance is.. It is bouncing. If it is it will return to the Contact address with the bounced reason. Most likely, your host's IP is blacklisted from the ISP your bogus account is using for the e-mail address to register.

Admin Panel -> Options -> Basic Board Info.. Forth field - Contact E-Mail Address (Email address where board-related messages will be sent). Check that mail account for bounced messages. If your not receiving the conformation e-mail, good chance is.. It is bouncing. If it is it will return to the Contact address with the bounced reason. Most likely, your host's IP is blacklisted from the ISP your bogus account is using for the e-mail address to register.

Ahh i see. So the email that is there, I do not have access too :/ Im going to attempt to change the email

So, yea. Like I said, i got this site, and I now realize Im lacking access to most of the account information. Thank you for helping me with the basics :)

Top Bottom