XF 1.2 Help with Postbit, adding tabs to navbar

C.Stanley

Hello i have recently moved from vb to xenforo and so far i am liking it. Only a few things giving me problems, most in which are in my postbit. I am trying to make it resemble my vb posbit (see attachment)
I have read http://xenforo.com/community/resources/creating-custom-user-group-banner-css.2000/ but do not see where or how to upload my own images (user rank) and replace the default ones. I am also tryig to figure out how to move the username, user title and rank above the avatar. Making the username bold and centering all.
I am also trying to figure out how to add tabs to the navbar. In vb we had a navigation manger which made it easy.
I know it will take some time to get use to this software after years on vb. But any help would be appreciated.

May pay for direct help. thank you

Attachments

• post.webp
    post.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 7
  • administrator.webp
    administrator.webp
    2.3 KB · Views: 5
To add tabs the navigation bar, edit the navigation template appropriately.

You will need to use FTP to upload the image and then specify custom CSS that uses it.

ok so i made a folder named "ranks" and uploaded my images there. Then selected custom css and added following path public_html/forums/ranks/administrator.png as you would in vb bit nothing happens

Hello i have recently moved from vb to xenforo and so far i am liking it. Only a few things giving me problems, most in which are in my postbit. I am trying to make it resemble my vb posbit (see attachment)
I have read http://xenforo.com/community/resources/creating-custom-user-group-banner-css.2000/ but do not see where or how to upload my own images (user rank) and replace the default ones. I am also tryig to figure out how to move the username, user title and rank above the avatar. Making the username bold and centering all.
I am also trying to figure out how to add tabs to the navbar. In vb we had a navigation manger which made it easy.
I know it will take some time to get use to this software after years on vb. But any help would be appreciated.

May pay for direct help. thank you

Have you looked at @Jake Bunce - Node as tabs for adding tabs to your navigation?

Top Bottom