Help with my cobbled-together code?

anotheralias

(I didn't use a more descriptive thread title because it's complicated, and because nobody else is going to want to do this anyway.)

I need some help with code if anyone has the time.

I think I have actually managed to cobble together what I want, minus two things that have me stumped. (And barring any unforeseen coding mistakes that result in a cascade of doom.)

First question: how do I get the popup arrow to show at all times -- like the account one does?

This is the current code ... I took the links that appear in the second row of the Forums tab and stuck them in the Members popup list, and then changed the "Members" text to "Quick Links." But I can't figure out how to get that arrow to show up all the time, as opposed to just when you hover over it.

Code:
<!-- members -->
                <xen:if is="{$tabs.members}">
                        <li class="navTab members {xen:if $tabs.members.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupControl PopupClosed'}">

<a href="{$tabs.home.href}" class="navLink">{xen:phrase quick_links}</a>
                                <a href="{$tabs.members.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>

<div class="{xen:if {$tabs.members.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'}">
                                        <div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
                                                                                                <div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>
                                        </div>
                                        <ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                                                <li><a href="{xen:link members}">{xen:phrase registered_members}</a></li>
                                                <li><a href="{xen:link online}">{xen:phrase current_visitors}</a></li>
                                                <li><a href="{xen:link recent-activity}">{xen:phrase recent_activity}</a></li>

<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/mark-read', '', 'date={$serverTime}'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase mark_all_forums_read}</a></li></xen:if>
                                                <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=post'}">{xen:phrase search_forums}</a></li></xen:if>
                                                <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li></xen:if>

</ul>
                                </div>
                        </li>
                </xen:if>

Second question:

So now the second row on the Forums tab is nice and blank, and I would like to put Who's Online in there. Just the who's-online names, not the other stats. (Why - because people like it there.)

Where do I put that code so that it shows up in the space where the extra forum links used to be?

Visuals of what I mean:

demo1.gif demo2.gif

Thanks for reading this, even if you can't help. :)

Top Bottom