XF 1.4 Help... with Help

For the love of god.... how in the hell do you edit/remove some of these menu items from the "help page"?? I have NO items under the "Help pages" section....

I don't want many of these to even be here.

help.webp

Must be why I'm not finding it. I updated a forum long overdue today from 1.2 to current. I've been banging my head against a few things in the process. I have a "Help Pages" addon installed - yet there are no entries under it options. I'll see if there is an update available for it.

Thanks Brogan. I think I just need to step away for a while :)

Hi,

Go to "EXTRA.css" and add this:
Code:
.navigationSideBar .section ul li:nth-child(1)
{
      display: none;
}

The number in "nth-child(1)" matches the item located in the first position:

Screenshot_3.webp

Without the code:

Screenshot_4.webp

Last edited:
I made a mistake in my code, because there are several "ul", etc. Add the following:
Code:
.navigationSideBar .section ul li:nth-child(1)
{
      display: none;
}

Change the number depending on the position of the item you want to do not display.

Your CSS is still unreliable at best. Add-ons, editing templates, and various other things can change the template, the order, and cause your CSS to hide the wrong link. As said, the only recommended way to remove something from a template like this is to edit it out and not rely on an unreliable CSS selector.

Your CSS is still unreliable at best. Add-ons, editing templates, and various other things can change the template, the order, and cause your CSS to hide the wrong link. As said, the only recommended way to remove something from a template like this is to edit it out and not rely on an unreliable CSS selector.
No, it's a very good solution and it just allows the user not to touch the HTML. If there is another item, simply change the number. Nothing difficult to understand.

This is my solution which gives a result and that I think is good. Not for you, but for me.

Top Bottom