XF 1.5 Help with email delivery/spam!!! Tried so much already...

borgqueenx

Im getting really on the edge of fearing i throw away all the money i used on add-ons and the xenforo license itself.
No matter what i do or try, emails keep being send to a spam folder, or in case of hotmail/outlook, not arriving at all!

Here is what i have tried:
1. the default email method with and without the -f parameter.
2. the SMTP server with correct login data that is a email adress on the same domain.
3. getting a mail domain key (DKIM) to authenticate the domain.
4. Putting in a valid SPF record.
5. Disabling the firewall then try again to register on both default and smtp methods.
6. Asking the host of my VPS to put a rDNS record.
7. Tried changing the security method for SMTP. but SSL is the only one accepted.

But on the default email method, the email does not arrive for some email providers (microsoft does not arrive: outlook and hotmail adresses) and for 2 other's i tried it gets put in the spam folder.
And for SMTP i get the weird error Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to *******@gmail.com failed: Could not open socket - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:277

This is already day 3 i try to fix this, and im losing hope i ever get it working :(

EDIT: This is what gmail tells me on the received spam mail:
Received-SPF: softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning ******@cupcakethunder.eu does not designate 186.31.44.237 as permitted sender) client-ip=186.31.44.237;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning ******@cupcakethunder.eu does not designate 186.31.44.237 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=*********@cupcakethunder.eu;
dkim=pass header.i=@cupcakethunder.eu
i changed the ip adress and email adress above for security. if you need data if you think you can help, i can pm it.

Last edited:
i dont want to request to whitelist it. if i have to do that, or users have to do that, it will always keep hunting me. it should just simply be delivered.
I also already did everything in that help topic.

my forum using Xenforo and it has too many notifiction emails that makes email server limited my account.

how to disable email notifictions like 'watched threads'?
I just want there's only signup email and lostpassword email enable.

Top Bottom