XF 2.2 Help: Update Worked on Test Site but Live Site Now Not Visible

Sean Engle

I need some assistance/input from anyone reading this.

Yesterday I did the date to version 2.2.0 from 2.1.11 on our Test Site without any issue whatsoever. Encouraged, I just ran it against the Live Site and it completed successfully but is now not showing any graphics at all (below)..... I am in full freakout - anyone?

Thanks,
//sse

1601842259957.webp

If the files are present on the server but XF can't see them, then that could be an ownership or permissions issue.

That's something which needs to be resolved at the server level.

If the files are present on the server but XF can't see them, then that could be an ownership or permissions issue.

That's something which needs to be resolved at the server level.
Yeah.... I'll compare the permission states between the test company and the live once the update file re-upload is complete. This was never a problem before, but I'll check it to ensure they're the same, etc. Thanks.

Hope you get sorted just by reuploading.
Looks like the file upload type (binary v. auto) was the culprit. Everything came up with one outdated template which I rolled back to the parent version (assume this means the new version). I will move forward now updating the add-ons.

Brogan, I looked at several of the permissions on at various points - and all matched, so that appears not to have played a part in this.

I will update this thread once I have completed this update and am out of the woods. Thanks both of you for the support - very much appreciated.

//sse

Did you use the one click upgrade system in the ACP, or did you FTP the 2.2 files to the server?
I uploaded the files via Binary FTP. Once they were uploaded, I refreshed the ACP and they came up as disabled (as I had disabled all of them earlier) and ready for update - which I did - they are all in now.

It's not an issue if that's how you want to do it.

The built in upgrade system will handle all of that for you though and is typically much faster than using FTP and not prone to the usual problems such as corrupt or missing files, files uploaded in the wrong format, etc.

No-no - that's ok. This was a one time thing.

After all this, I will be happy to use the new system rather than do it this way from now on! =)

Thanks again for your help - both of you. I am doing my final checks now and will re-open our site in a short while.

//sse

No-no - that's ok. This was a one time thing.

After all this, I will be happy to use the new system rather than do it this way from now on! =)

Thanks again for your help - both of you. I am doing my final checks now and will re-open our site in a short while.

//sse
Glad you got sorted Sean. :)

Top Bottom