XF 1.4 Help to create moderators

potito

Dear friends, I have a forum with no moderators, only 1 administrator (me)

Now I need to create supermoderators. I create 1 supermoderator, I added the user to Moderators group, I checked all options in General Moderator Permissions, Profile Post Moderator Permissions, Personal Conversations Moderator Permissions and Forum Moderator Permissions.

Now I test the user permissions, and I see that the moderator can edit or delete my posts (administrator posts) and can see my ip. I dont want this, how prevent this problem?

Another problem, The moderator can't access to Thread Tools/Moderator Actions, appears this message: "No moderator actions have been logged". And further I see this moderator can't ban users.

How to made a supermoderator with this powers:
1 - Delete, move, edit, view ip, etc. all posts except the administrator posts, and access to moderator actions.
2 - Ban forum users, excepto administrator off course

Thanks.

Testing permissions applies permissions to the viewing user, permission analysis is he better tool.

You can't give permissions to edit posts except administrators, that would require an add-on.

Moderators do not have the capability of banning users, that functionality is restricted to administrators. Setting a warning action is a work around that can be used.

The message appears when nothing has been logged. Have you performed any moderator actions on the thread in question?

I have not moderate the thread. The moderator send to me this image:

HPGxZD0.jpg

If there hasn't been an action taken within the thread, that is the proper message. Edit a post or take an action (such as close the thread, etc.), that will show a list of what's happened.

Thanks Jeremy, I confused moderation actions with moderation tools, sorry.

I have two more questions. You do not believe it is dangerous that a moderator can edit administrator posts?

And with the warning system... an user is automatically banned if he reaches a point limit ?

Thanks.

I don't particularly mind a moderator editing any post, as I have administrators that aren't above moderators. It's essentially rules for you and your staff. Administrators in XenForo are separated from moderators, so there isn't a software hierarchy.

You set up warning actions, a point threshold can be the trigger for a ban, yes.

Top Bottom