Help required

RWonko

I have a a current vb 4.2 forum and would like to come across to xenforo, however the FAQ states that it dose not import the users or the post or the threads, so how do you get these into your new xenforo forum from old vb forum.
Any help & information would be gratefully received, I have tried searching but its unclear how you do this.

I have a a current vb 4.2 forum and would like to come across to xenforo, however the FAQ states that it dose not import the users or the post or the threads, so how do you get these into your new xenforo forum from old vb forum.
Any help & information would be gratefully received, I have tried searching but its unclear how you do this.

I'm pretty sure Users, Posts and Threads are imported. At least in xF 1.2...

Already answered here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/migrating-from-vb-4-2.60584/#post-644057

And via PM several times.

All of the individual steps listed in that screenshot is what is imported.

however the FAQ states that it dose not import the users or the post or the threads
The FAQ states nothing of the sort.
How have you reached that conclusion?
Which importers/converters are available?
The following official importers are built in to the software:
  • XenForo 1.2
  • IP.Board 3.1
  • IP.Board 3.2/3.3
  • IP.Board 3.4
  • MyBB 1.6
  • phpBB 3.0
  • vBulletin 3.6
  • vBulletin 3.7/8
  • vBulletin 4.x
The following screenshots show what is imported with each importer.

Brogan you tried in your way to help, but it was not very helpful especial the way you closed the thread down when all I am trying to do is get some help.
"All of the individual steps listed in that screenshot is what is imported." I must be see something different to you because it states for example "import users" "this step can not be run yet" or "import threads & posts" this step can not be run yet.
If I am missing something obvious the great please point it out so that I understand just so my community can start the decision process or not.

Top Bottom