XF 2.2 Help! No longer Administrator

Alvin63

I am new and set up a forum yesterday and asked a lot of questions about getting it looking right. So all was good. As the administrator who set it up I am the only member at present and haven't publicised it yet. The only thing I couldn't see was the hidden node for moderators only. And as Administrator I thought I should be able to see that. So I went in to my profile to see how to create a moderators group, changed myself to Admin and moderator - and everything has gone pear shaped! I can no longer see the forum - I get "Oops we ran into some problems" You do not have permission to view this page or perform these actions.

So I've tried to reset everything as before and just have myself as Administrator. There is no option to "revert settings" in this instance. But can't get back to how it was before. Have I just wrecked my forum by deleting myself as the only Administrator?!

I think I've got most of it back but have now lost the top two tabs for Admin and Moderators. Ok that has reappeared. I ended up ticking "yes" to everything in permissions. I am now shown as staff, admin and moderator but as a guest! Not registered. o_O And I still can't see the hidden moderator node!

As I have only just set this up can I just delete the whole thing and set it up from scratch again? How would I do that? Delete the database on the hosting site and re set it up again?

Anyway I was doing fine until I tried to set private nodes and ended up messing about with permissions., Is there anyway to set the whole thing back to default and start again?

If you really want to start over just delete all the nodes. But why don't you use the analyze permissions on that node for your user. It should tell you why you can't see it. Do you have the moderating box checked for your user?

Thanks. I am the only user at present - just set it up as Administrator and trying to get it all finalised. So as Admin and Moderator I would have thought I could see the hidden node!

Also can I add some kind of banner before the threads? I want something clear that says - please read the code of conduct before posting. At the moment I have it as a subheading on the first parent node which says Welcome. But the sub heading is tiny and faint and blurry. I tinkered around with text sizes etc but can't just bolden that sub heading on its own.

Thanks. I am the only user at present - just set it up as Administrator and trying to get it all finalised. So as Admin and Moderator I would have thought I could see the hidden node!
You have a permission issue somewhere. Like I said, use the analyze permission tool to check your status on that node and it will tell you whats wrong. Are you allowing the usergroup administrators to see the node moderator?

With a notice you can choose which forum to show it in via the page criteria, there is a list of node to choose form.

To just show when sombody is actully making a post, then add forum_post_thread to the content template field.

Top Bottom