Help me pick a good VPS host? My shortlist...drumroll please...

servint and hostgator are not even in the same universe. I now use servint vps and used to use hostgator shared. No comparison at all, servint is orders of magnitude better.

No idea if they do vps but singlehop has been fantastic for me. I pay $300 a month for a 12 gig quad core dedicated box and its fully managed. I've had great response times even at 3 am. Nice dealing with American company too for once.

Which one would you recommend for reliability? price? support/help? easy to use? fastest? best value?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
I suggest that you decide what support mediums you like to have and trim your list based on that. Some people insist on phone support, and some companies do not provide that. Besides HG and servint - both of which have phone support, I've no idea about the others on your list.

And of course I've no idea if you want phone support.

EDIT: Yikes!! Also consider how sensitive you are to price, there seems to be a huge amount of disparity in your list.. and I've no idea what the media temple service is, they do not list vps accounts for rent.

I suggest that you decide what support mediums you like to have and trim your list based on that. Some people insist on phone support, and some companies do not provide that. Besides HG and servint - both of which have phone support, I've no idea about the others on your list.

And of course I've no idea if you want phone support.

EDIT: Yikes!! Also consider how sensitive you are to price, there seems to be a huge amount of disparity in your list.. and I've no idea what the media temple service is, they do not list vps accounts for rent.

Most of MediaTemple's plans are VPS', http://mediatemple.net/webhosting/ (e.g., dv, dpv/nitro, ve).

I use them, myself. No complaints. Though some may find them expensive. Linode is great, as well. You might want to carefully consider how much it would cost you to scale up, if you feel you might outgrow your initial plan. With some providers, scaling up may be costly.

Top Bottom