1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello how do i get Minecraft User name on here

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by JMPRockFm, Oct 22, 2011.

1. JMPRockFm

JMPRockFm Member

Tickets: Only post these if you have a complaint about a building, user, or staff, have been griefed, accidentally griefed someone else, or have a question not already answered on the forums. We will not answer ban appeals here. Use this format: User: Users involved Time: Timeframe and Timezone if known Cords: The X, Y, Z coordinates and the world (f is optional) Message: Why you made the ticket Anything not following above template will be ignored. and this Minecraft User Name?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

In 1.1 you can use a profile field:

Admin CP -> Users -> Custom User Fields -> Create New Field

Then users can enter their MC username into that field when they edit their profile.

3. JMPRockFm

JMPRockFm Member

^ i still can't find it

4. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Are you using a 1.1 beta install?

5. JMPRockFm

JMPRockFm Member

6. CyclingTribe

Sorry, but I'm confused. That is a different forum to the one in the screenshot.

I also can't tell if you are using 1.1 or not from looking at the front end.

If you're not sure - just login to the Admin Control Panel and it will tell you which version you are using in the header of the page.

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

7. JMPRockFm

JMPRockFm Member

8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

9. CyclingTribe

Ah, okay, well you can't do custom fields in 1.0.4 - it's a feature of 1.1 - which is currently in beta.

You can either wait for 1.1 to become stable, or upgrade your site to the current beta version of 1.1 (which is beta 3 right now).

Cheers,

10. CyclingTribe

Ninja'd ... lol

11. JMPRockFm

JMPRockFm Member

how will i do that upgrade

12. CyclingTribe

Download the upgrade package from the Customer area in Xenforo.com and then follow the instructions in the zip file.

If you're not sure about doing it yourself though, it might be worth asking someone else to do it for you.

Cheers,

13. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member