Hello Everybody! - New to Xenforo - Couple of questions...

Sherri

Hey everybody! I'm Sherri. I joined Xenforo back in 2010 around the time it first started and I was going to design styles, but I was never able to find time to get into it with all my current work. I've used another software for years now, and designed skins/themes for them but I've decided to start styling for Xenforo. One of your awesome members / customers requested some of my themes to be converted for Xenforo and told me it's really taking off now, and encouraged me to give it a try, so here I am. Thank you Wolfie! ;)

First, I want to ask where I can sell my styles. Can I post them here when they are ready for release? Is that allowed and if so, where is it okay to do this?

Second, until things take off a bit, I'll be working from my current site I've had for many years now, making themes for other software and I want to make sure it's okay that I use my site for sales. Is this allowed?

Lastly, I need to know how I can go about changing my username here on the Xenforo site. I use to go by the screen name "Evanescence" years ago, but now I use my real name, Sherri and I would like to change it to that, if possible.

I have my first style all done and ready to go thanks to a great member here allowing me to work with him in getting things up and going. It's "Ivy League". Once I know where it's okay to list it, I will get it released and start working on more. I'm soooo super excited to start this new venture and I hope I make a lot of awesome new friends here. I welcome any and all feedback and suggestions on new styles. :)

Big hugs,
Sherri

Xenforo-IvyLeague.png

Hiya :D,

First, I want to ask where I can sell my styles. Can I post them here when they are ready for release? Is that allowed and if so, where is it okay to do this?
You can post your theme in the resource manager. You would mark it as a paid resource and you would post the link to redirect the users to the sales link where people can purchase it. Many developers use the paid addon Xen Product Manager to sell their addons and themes they've created.

Second, until things take off a bit, I'll be working from my current site I've had for many years now, making themes for other software and I want to make sure it's okay that I use my site for sales. Is this allowed?
Absolutely :)

Lastly, I need to know how I can go about changing my username here on the Xenforo site. I use to go by the screen name "Evanescence" years ago, but now I use my real name, Sherri and I would like to change it to that, if possible.
You would either need to create a ticket in the customers area on XenForo's site and one of the lovely team members will change your username for you.

Nice theme by the way :)

Hi @Kirk
thanks.gif
Thank you so much for the info. I will definitely get busy getting it packaged up and released now that I know. Am I allowed to post somewhere here on the forums to announce when I've released one in the resources area or does it do it automatically by any chance or is that just not allowed?

Sherri

As for the name change.. I'm sure you can use the Contact Us link and staff would be happy to do it if you are unable to create a ticket for any reason.

Welcome Shelly. It is nice to see you here. Looking forward to see your work for xenforo. I have made use of some of your nice styles for that other software when I was using it.

I remember you from when I also used that "other software," some very nice themes. Glad to have you here now. :cool:

Hey everybody! I'm Sherri. I joined Xenforo back in 2010 around the time it first started and I was going to design styles, but I was never able to find time to get into it with all my current work. I've used another software for years now, and designed skins/themes for them but I've decided to start styling for Xenforo. One of your awesome members / customers requested some of my themes to be converted for Xenforo and told me it's really taking off now, and encouraged me to give it a try, so here I am. Thank you Wolfie! ;)

I have my first style all done and ready to go thanks to a great member here allowing me to work with him in getting things up and going. It's "Ivy League". Once I know where it's okay to list it, I will get it released and start working on more. I'm soooo super excited to start this new venture and I hope I make a lot of awesome new friends here. I welcome any and all feedback and suggestions on new styles. :)

Big hugs,
Sherri

Xenforo-IvyLeague.png
Nice theme also...

Top Bottom