XF 1.2 Having Multiple Background Colours In A Post?

UKD

Is this possible for Xenforo?

I created two images from my forum to try and explain what I mean.

Image 1 (below) is how it is currently, all one blue-ish colour:
image.png

Now take a look at image 2 (below):
image.png

Would it be possible to change the entire background colour of the red shaded-in area (mini-profile) so it was different to the rest of the post?

I was hoping to leave the mini-profile colour the way it is now and change the main posting/text area to white, as I prefer to have black on white for the main posting area.

If anyone has any ideas or can point me in the right direction that would be amazing. Thanks.

Hm.

.messageUserBlock would do it, but something is overwriting the background.

Well, I loaded up a demo and changed all the colours in the message layout area to extravagant colours to see them easily and here is what I got:

5555555555.png

Obviously the blue and the pink on the left hand side could simply be changed to the same colour as the colour that surrounds it (the green/blue colour), however that green/blue colour also spills over into the main posting area. It also goes across, as a thin line, the top of the red main posting area and it goes below the orange user input area. I was looking for a way to not allow this to happen, so the whole 'post area' is one colour and the whole 'mini-profile' area is another colour.

Would this require complex coding, i.e no easy fix? :(. Thanks.

Well, I loaded up a demo and changed all the colours in the message layout area to extravagant colours to see them easily and here is what I got:

5555555555.png

Obviously the blue and the pink on the left hand side could simply be changed to the same colour as the colour that surrounds it (the green/blue colour), however that green/blue colour also spills over into the main posting area. It also goes across, as a thin line, the top of the red main posting area and it goes below the orange user input area. I was looking for a way to not allow this to happen, so the whole 'post area' is one colour and the whole 'mini-profile' area is another colour.

Would this require complex coding, i.e no easy fix? :(. Thanks.

It shouldn't have to.

Edit the User Info Block and Extra User Info style properties.

There's no existing div that spans the entire height of the message. You would have to add one and style around it. As it's set now, everything sits on top of the light blue (going off your demo screens). The red is merely offset by 140px, to make space for the message user info block. There is no left column containing the user info block and (larger) right column to hold the post. It wouldn't be too hard to add, thinking about it, but again, you'll have to do it manually.

Top Bottom