XF 1.3 Having a Permission Issue

abnvet

I need help as I must be doing something wrong.

I have a Category and forum node that I set up with the same permissions (it is a private node). My intent is that I am using a form add-on that when someone submits it, it creates a thread under their username in this node. I created a user group and gave that user group access to view that node and to view thread content, however on "view thread by others" if I have their permission selected to inherit they are still able to see the content including being able to click on other threads. (I am testing this using the test permission for user function) now if I select revoke for this user group they are able to see the category however then they can not access their post they have made.

I really need to figure this out. I have posted some screenshots to try and show whats going on as well.

any help is appreciatedScreen Shot 2014-05-11 at 6.50.13 PM.webpScreen Shot 2014-05-11 at 6.45.40 PM.webp Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 12.20.33 PM.webp

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 12.20.06 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 12.20.06 PM.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 3
Does it work if the thread is created by the user and not by the form add-on?

If it does, the problem is with the add-on.

If it doesn't the permissions are incorrect.

@Brogan Thank you for the reply. I actually dug into this a little more today and what I found is the permissions were actually working. However when I use the TestPermissions tool in the ACP its not acurattely reflecting what they should see - am I wrong in assuming that tool should reflect the access of that user and what they should be able to see?

I basically created a testuser, when I am logged into that test account it works as I have it set up. i.e the form they posted adds them to the user group that has access to the hidden node and they are unable to see anyone else's threads.

If I login into the ACP and test that users permissions the issues as I described in the first post occur. If NO is selected they can see other peoples threads as well as their own. If I have revoke selected it shows no posts at all.

Is this a bug? or just the way it is.

Top Bottom