Have You seen?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 745
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 745

Hi,

Not sure if this is in the right section, sorry if its not.

Could you maybe make a video for people not sure about permissions, showing which is the highest permission set etc, like does user groups override node permissions and user permissions?

I'll have a good read at the documents, do the groups all have different permissions, like this? and for admin you would set the user with all three groups - admin, registered and mods

------------------- Registered | admins | mods
post new thread..........yes.............no...........no
reply to thread............yes.............no............no
view IP address...........no.............yes...........no
spam cleaner...............no.............yes...........no
delete posts..................no..............no..........yes
edit posts......................no..............no..........yes

Exactly!

Only members which are in all 3 groups will have all permissions.

If a member is in 2 or more groups, only 1 group has to have Allow set for a specific permission, the the other groups can be left as Not Set (No).

That's why you leave everyone in the Registered group as the primary and just add them to the other groups as required.

So registered I would leave it alone, keep as it was in the install then just modify the admin and mods and tick the ones for admin and mods that are not ticked in the registered right so the permissions are not the same in all groups, like I posted above?

So post new threads is only permitted for registered and not admin or mods right

Set the registered group up exactly as you want - all the permissions you want "normal" members to have.
So for example, editing posts, size of avatar, deleting their own profile posts, etc.

Then for each additional group (premium user, moderator, administrative) just set the extra permissions to Allow as required. Or in the case of permissions with a value associated with them, number of conversation participants for example, increase the value.

Top Bottom