Have you enabled the 'Dislike' reaction on your forums?

Have you enabled the 'Dislike' reaction?

• Total voters

CFMack

I'm just curious if it is a wise thing to do (I just don't want it causing conflict). I enabled ours a little while back, and I have literally only used it once. Nobody else has.

I have enabled it, fairly recently, on my forum. It doesn't get used all that much, and folks seem to use it appropriately.

I also modified it so that it is a net "neutral" instead of a negative to user reputation. This is in case some ever DOES abuse it.

Try it out and see how it goes. It's easy to remove/reverse !!

We have Like, Love, HaHa, Wow, Sad, Angry. No Dislike. And all are set to neutral since we've deliberately turned off reaction scores. We want reactions to, as much as possible, reflect on the content rather than the poster and a "Dislike" would inevitably be used the other way by certain members who essentially disapprove of every statement certain members make (it's a religion board and there's some real animosity between conservatives and progressives on certain issues). And, so far, we've had no issues with Reactions.

When I enabled 'Dislike,' I made it clear that it is to dislike the content of the post, not the poster. So far, it's only been used by me (once). Luckily we have a very positive vibe on my forums.

I've disabled it, not so much because I don't want people to never be able to dislike anything but because they often clicked it by mistake (it would usually be obvious they had by the context of things and/or because of other comments they made to the contrary) and most of them either never realized what they'd done or knew how to correct it if they did.

Top Bottom