Have a visual indicator other than just color when you have voted

Kevin

When voting on a suggestion the only current indicator is that the colors change to orange. For those that might not be able to rely on colors, could we get some type of other indicator when a person has already voted on a suggestion?

scooby doo orange GIF

Upvote 14
Yeah, might not be a bad idea.

The orange itself has been bugging me for a while too, as to me it's not really synonymous of a positive upvote. So sometimes I question if I've actually voted or not and have to unvote and revote to verify because I'm not sure if orange is the default or not.

I'd have thought green would be better.

Orange works on reddit because the upvote and downvote button are always visible and only the actioned arrow gets a colour when clicked, so you always know the state.

Weirdly, playing with the button on this suggestion, I have noticed that the vote flashes green briefly when deactivating the upvote, which seems odd.

vote.gif

My eyes have trouble with the current colour scheme (bad eyes all round, not just colour vision) so anything that makes it more obvious as to whether I have voted would be nice.

The orange itself has been bugging me for a while too, as to me it's not really synonymous of a positive upvote. So sometimes I question if I've actually voted or not and have to unvote and revote to verify because I'm not sure if orange is the default or not.

I'd have thought green would be better.

Orange works on reddit because the upvote and downvote button are always visible and only the actioned arrow gets a colour when clicked, so you always know the state.

All of this. It appears this just relates to the "Suggestions" Forum, because question voting indicates differently and is more obvious.

The current indication on suggestions for not voted yet and already voted are not as obvious and they should be. I would say more often than not I end up unvoting and voting again for most suggestions I support because just an orange color indicator is not an obvious indicator to me.

On suggestion threads, there will never be any other indicators on the page to compare to (like you would have in a question thread) so having obvious indicators is a must. For me, once a suggestion is voted on it should be indicated by a green indicator and hiding the up arrow and showing the down arrow. The indicator for an unvoted on suggestion should be a number and up arrow both in a neutral color.

Something like these below are more obvious indicators, at least for me...

suggestion-voting.webp