Has Facebook Group Decrease Your Forum Traffic?

Dante_B

These days, everyone has smartphones and want information instantly. I noticed more activity happening on our Facebook Group than our forum. From buying and selling items, someone can instantly take a pic and post their item. While on the forum, there are more steps involved, especially for the average user, it might be an inconvenient.

Does Facebook Group affect your community?

From buying and selling items, someone can instantly take a pic and post their item.
Facebook is useless beyond its original purpose, of being a social network. My nephew raved about the new features to sell on Facebook. He had a spare iPhone 5 he wanted to get rid off... he got $250 for it. We just sold our iPhone 4, not 4S, but 4, on eBay for $300.

Facebook won't beat eBay, like Google groups will never come close to affecting Facebook as a social network, nor will either affect forums, as they provide a different aspect which neither of those services provide.

Facebook is useless beyond its original purpose, of being a social network. My nephew raved about the new features to sell on Facebook. He had a spare iPhone 5 he wanted to get rid off... he got $250 for it. We just sold our iPhone 4, not 4S, but 4, on eBay for $300.

Facebook won't beat eBay, like Google groups will never come close to affecting Facebook as a social network, nor will either affect forums, as they provide a different aspect which neither of those services provide.

+1

At lot of confusion out there as to who is actually using Facebook and how they are using it.

we have a sports forum, so have segmented our userbase between facebook and our website. our facebook has nearly 10k likes and majority of the ppl on there couldnt spell to save their lives nor be able to put a coherent sentence together, so we do use the facebook group as somewhat of a news blast rather than anything else. More indepth discussion takes place at our website. facebook is good if you can use it well.

Top Bottom