XF 1.3 Has anyone implemented a second search box, like in vB?

Ludachris

In vB 3.8, while browsing a forum, there is a "search this forum" menu right next to the Forum Tools menu (would be where the Watch Forum link is here in XF). I know I use that search menu on my site quite often and I suspect many of the members do too.

I know that the XF search has this capability with a checkbox to search the forum you're browsing or the thread you're browsing but I don't know that users will realize they can do that right after the migration.

I was wondering if any of you had created a second instance of the search and displayed it similarly to the "search this forum" and "search this thread" menu in vB in the Forum Display and Thread pages and also the Thread Display pages. Would it cause any issues replicating the main XF search and making it function similar to the Thread Tools menu in XF that shows up on the Thread Display pages?

I was thinking of just taking the main search form code and making some of the input fields hidden with forced values to make it work. Sound about right?

Top Bottom