XF 1.5 Hard delete posts / threads?

PumpinIron

I was thinking about it today, and I'd rather my moderators not be able to hard delete posts or threads. I say that because you never know when someone might forget what they're doing and delete something permanently. In addition to that, sometimes I only trust myself.

So, if I want to make it so ALL moderators can NOT hard delete, should I go to Users > Group Permissions > Moderating, and then set "Hard-delete thread by anyone" and "Hard-delete post by anyone" to "Never".

Or, should I go to Users > Moderators, then click on each moderator and uncheck the "hard delete" check boxes that are currently checked?

I realize I can accomplish this either way, I'm just curious what the cleanest way to do it is?

For example, if I disable hard deletions by the "Moderating" group as a whole, will those checked boxes (the ones in each individual moderators permissions) for hard deletes override the user group setting?

Set it to Not Set (No) - if you set it to Never, any other members of the user groups who you do want to be able to hard delete will not be able to, even if it is set to Allow in another user group.

That's what I was thinking, just wanted to confirm it.

So in the "Moderating" group, "Hard-delete thread by anyone" is set to "Not Set (No)".

However, when I go to an individual moderators permissions I see that the check box is checked for "Hard-delete thread by anyone".

I assume that overrides the group permission of "Not Set (No)"?

However, when I go to an individual moderators permissions I see that the check box is checked for "Hard-delete thread by anyone".

I assume that overrides the group permission of "Not Set (No)"?
You will need to remove the permission at the user and user group level.

Permissions are cumulative.
These guides should help:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/understanding-permissions.360/

Top Bottom