1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Memorial Day!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jadmperry, May 30, 2011.

1. jadmperry

jadmperry Well-Known Member

For those of us from the United States, I want to wish you a Happy Memorial Day.

I hope everyone gets to spend some time with friends and/or family. While enjoying the holiday, please remember that the purpose is to commemorate those Americans who gave their life in service to our Nation and military. We are grateful for their sacrifices!

John, EQnoble, Steve F and 2 others like this.
  2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Very grateful indeed. I hope everyone had a nice Memorial day. But more importantly, I do hope that you took the time to remember those who have been wounded or killed, defending the freedoms that we take for granted.
  3. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

France paid for the trip over there to visit a grave for a friend of mine. He brother died in France in WW2. I think that is a very nice thing they do for families of soldiers lost there.
  4. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I am always humbled by the pictures of military cemeteries. It makes the reality all too real and vivid, providing much greater appreciation for our troops.
    Peggy likes this.