• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 handling reports

Aloha,

currently I have to add every user of my forums (who should be able to handle the reported items) one by the other. Is there any possibility to add this power to a special usergroup?

Thanks in advance!

icke

Hey,

thanks a lot for your quick reply & okay, that's what I understood. :p

But please imagine team sizes above 50-100 moderators because of very big forums - you'd have to add each moderator manually as a moderator. With a healthy employee turnover this would be an high administrative effort - which could be avoided by just adding the ability of handling reports to usergroups. As far as I can see this is the only feature you can't access without being added manually as a moderator (or is there more?).

Best,
icke

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The manual page I linked to above explains what isn't available if they aren't made moderators.

Ok, thanks. So there is no possibility to add these permissions (Moderation Queue, Reported Items) to another user group? Any plans to implement this possibility?

Best,
icke

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
No, the only way is to explicitly make members moderators.

I don't see that changing as it is a fundamental aspect of how the code functions.

You could send all reports to a dedicated forum, which is an option in the ACP, but you lose the features related to the report center.
upload_2013-10-4_12-25-48.png

No, the only way is to explicitly make members moderators.
Ok, thanks! :)

I don't see that changing as it is a fundamental aspect of how the code functions.
What a pitty. :(

Just my 2 cents: xenForo advertises a forum software which is able to handle forums upto 1 million members and more. Handling such a fictional large member group requires a lot of moderators. Adding moderators to a usergroup is one thing, adding them addionally as a moderator and adjusting rights also manually within this menu again doesn't seem to be logical or better said doesn't seem to be "manageable with a small administrative effort" anymore.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your fast replies!

Best,
icke

Martok

Regarding adding moderators individually, you would have to do this anyway if you were adding them to a moderator usergroup. What I do is have the the Moderator usergroup configured with all of the forum moderation permissions I want my moderators to have. Then when I make someone a moderator, I go into the ACP, add them via Users > Moderators and when I do this I simply tick the option "Add Moderator to User Groups" and select the Moderator usergroup. No other permissions are added on this screen, just this option. Then when I save them they become a moderator and are added to the Moderator usergroup. In the future if they are no longer a moderator they are just deleted from the list which will both remove them as a moderator and take them out of the Moderator usergroup.