HaloScene XF - CMS WP Bridge Integratio- All Feedback Is Appreciated

So I like the banner. The black color flows pretty nice. However, the text for the nodes in my opinion is way to big and it takes away from things.

Just may opinion though :)

So I like the banner. The black color flows pretty nice. However, the text for the nodes in my opinion is way to big and it takes away from things.

Just may opinion though :)

Keith, Thank for the feedback man. You are the second person who told me they thought the font was a bit to big for the forum. I have change the node title font from 18px to 16px and have also changed the Node Category Title from 2opx to 18px. Any other recommendations?

Cool site man. Everything is kind of blown up though, not a huge fan of that. Seems like a site for senior citizens with bad eyesight :p

I'm a staff member over on TeamBeyond.net, but I've been falling off lately with Halo MCC not working for the past month & then seeing all the cheesy stuff they added in Halo 5. It doesn't seem like we'll ever get that experience like we had back in Halo CE to Halo 3. Kinda bums me out whenever I think about it.

Thanks Jabroni for the feedback dude. Yeah I am quite upset and frustrated about it to, but I still see a light for Halo.

The reason for the page being so big and easily readable, is to have an ease of use experience once one uses the website UI. Although, it might not be the most 'common' look as I have portrayed, I do feel it will enhance the the website overall and feel more like a lobby or another once I have the vision I portray and see with HaloScene.

Lets put it this way, Halo 1 has been out November 15, 2001 and it is still banging with lots of fans! Now, take in consideration of an FPS called Counter Strike which was released even earlier (1999) and this game is one of the top competitive FPS of all TIME. Although, I enjoy CS and its legitimate science and thought behind the semantics of the game, but I do not enjoy playing it as much as Halo. Halo outbeats it, but Halo WILL fail if we let 343 control its atomosphere. The people gotta speak up and take action to make this game be as successful as CS.

In fact, you probably know of how MLG was even started... Halo simply made them and now it seems they have evolved to other avenues of gaming.

I am optimistic about this, I believe no matter what, Halo CE will succeed the entire series in its entirety!

P.S. Could you by chance take a screenshot and show it to me? This helps me verify everything is fluid and working properly.

Last edited:
Thanks Jabroni for the feedback dude. Yeah I am quite upset and frustrated about it to, but I still see a light for Halo.

The reason for the page being so big and easily readable, is to have an ease of use experience once one uses the website UI. Although, it might not be the most 'common' look as I have portrayed, I do feel it will enhance the the website overall and feel more like a lobby or another once I have the vision I portray and see with HaloScene.

Lets put it this way, Halo 1 has been out November 15, 2001 and it is still banging with lots of fans! Now, take in consideration of an FPS called Counter Strike which was released even earlier (1999) and this game is one of the top competitive FPS of all TIME. Although, I enjoy CS and its legitimate science and thought behind the semantics of the game, but I do not enjoy playing it as much as Halo. Halo outbeats it, but Halo WILL fail if we let 343 control its atomosphere. The people gotta speak up and take action to make this game be as successful as CS.

In fact, you probably know of how MLG was even started... Halo simply made them and now it seems they have evolved to other avenues of gaming.

I am optimistic about this, I believe no matter what, Halo CE will succeed the entire series in its entirety!
I'm pretty sure that @JABRONI knows the history of Halo's success/MLG's birth.

Nice site, but I gotta agree with the big everything, like fonts....

Also: What xF version are you using with the WP bridge?

Here's a few things from me just browsing through the site for a few minutes.
  • As everyone has stated above, the site is big and feels extremely supersized.
  • The Random Media images only show 6 images but there's so much wasted blank space around them.
  • I'm not a fan of the Nav Menu icons as they seem with off and pixel-like instead of crisp and clean icons.
  • The Sign up now button needs some padding between the border and text so that the "S" from Sign and the "P" from reap aren't pushed up against the border like they are now.
  • The Sign up now button colors can also be adjusted. The white font on the yellowish-orange background is legible but isn't the most friendly to the eye.
  • The postbit also seems very off. Everything to aligned to the Left yet there's so much blank space on the right.
  • You also have a lot of missing or broken icons that you're using as part of the extended *******'s trophy leveling system.
  • On your main wordpress blog area you seem to have a left sidebar with social media links, an image slider and 10 news articles taking up the main content column, and then below the 10 news articles is what appears to be a right sidebar or 3rd column that is shifted to the main column (sort of like what XF does with the sidebar when you're on a Mobile device). Not sure if this is intentional or what but it seems off and improperly aligned.

• On your main wordpress blog area you seem to have a left sidebar with social media links, an image slider and 10 news articles taking up the main content column, and then below the 10 news articles is what appears to be a right sidebar or 3rd column that is shifted to the main column (sort of like what XF does with the sidebar when you're on a Mobile device). Not sure if this is intentional or what but it seems off and improperly aligned.
I notice that, too. Either fill that left/right column with Social Media boxes, buttons, or an image to the forums, or an Ad, or something. Something that makes the site look busy.

Here's a few things from me just browsing through the site for a few minutes.
  • As everyone has stated above, the site is big and feels extremely supersized.
  • The Random Media images only show 6 images but there's so much wasted blank space around them.
  • I'm not a fan of the Nav Menu icons as they seem with off and pixel-like instead of crisp and clean icons.
  • The Sign up now button needs some padding between the border and text so that the "S" from Sign and the "P" from reap aren't pushed up against the border like they are now.
  • The Sign up now button colors can also be adjusted. The white font on the yellowish-orange background is legible but isn't the most friendly to the eye.
  • The postbit also seems very off. Everything to aligned to the Left yet there's so much blank space on the right.
  • You also have a lot of missing or broken icons that you're using as part of the extended *******'s trophy leveling system.

Amazing feedback, thanks Isabel =) - Alot of the things you have found on the WordPress side of things have been put on the back burner until we have the forum foundation and everything set up appropriately. (I feel it is way to much work at the moment to work on both)

-All the other XF things you found are in the process of being completed. Thanks so much for your findings and feedback. =)

Which bridge are you using? All I've been hearing in 2013 is that most WP bridges broke on new versions of xF. Hmmmm... o_O

Yeah exactly, I put many hours in getting this wp- xf integration to work. It has been a truely remarkable combination, although it might be a bit excess as of now, in the future we have BIG ideas to accommodate a nice frontpage possibly.

Alright, I have updated the forum structure a bit to accommodate new members & ease of use for publishing topics. I also updated / styled Trophy Points Progress Bar.

Future Updates Coming Up:
-Polish up the navigation buttons icons
-Create new Trophy medals (custom / common)
-Programming a special add-on to outwit and outplay other halo communities

Update: (New) The Website has been updated, please be sure to check out the updates & let me know if there are any other changes you would make or possibly take in consideration. Thanks everyone for all your benevolent help.

Last edited:
Side bar on forums is broke now. :(
Side bar on blog is looking better than before. :D
I see you added an image to the bg. :)

Website Update V.33 (HS Version)

I didn't expect to work this much today, but I spent 8 hours straight. I improved more additions to enhance the foundation and liking of other people to accommodate a more global solution. Thanks for everyone's input and help. Let me know if you find any other bugs or have more recommendations. I am open ears to hear what everyone thinks! =)

Wordpress News / About Page: (Enhancements for Mobile Browsing)

• Got rid of images on news post for now (until I fix the image display issues)
  • Changed banner back to match forum banner (best banner we have now)
  • I hid the flexslider when looking at news page through mobile. (Only main for news in mobile view)

More XF Updates: (Enhancements for Mobile Browsing)

• Changed XF Background image back
  • Slimmed down the Forum Look (Still having serious responsive issue with siedbar @ 800px wide monitors)
  • Updated Level Up / Rank Look on member forum post card

Time to play some H5 Beta... It is almost Dec 29

The biggest thing I have a problem with, is the bigness of the site. It just doesn't feel right. Also, the post bit is a little messed up, along with the sidebar being broken.

I loved the colors of your site. Very easy to navigate around your forum and easy to read the postings due to the enlarged fonts. Really love the theme style. You have done a great job with it.

Update V.34

• Sidebar / Responsive Issues have now been fixed.
  • Text size proportionally adjusted better
  • New Forum Node Layout

What are everyone's thoughts now upon the text size and all?

Link to Forum: www.haloscene.com

I loved the colors of your site. Very easy to navigate around your forum and easy to read the postings due to the enlarged fonts. Really love the theme style. You have done a great job with it.

Thanks for your feedback bud, it is very much appreciated =)

Top Bottom