Had a program made, need it certified

=MGN=RedEagle

Had a freelancer make a program but when people download it it gives them a security error. How do I get the program like certified so it does not give that error?

A friend gave me a link I don't understand. I just want to pay someone and get it done :P

Basically I am trying to stop that Win 8 popup that says this program is not safe.

You have to click "more info" and on "I know the risks" to download it.

That is exactly what digital signature / code signing does. This topic is kinda deep so you're better to read (don't it's long and boring) this @ Code signing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. If you're looking to purchase any digital signature certificate / code sign you can get it from many vendors like Verisign, Thawte, Comodo etc etc. Once done you will need some tools to sign the executables, but if your application comes a setup and setup packaging software supports code signing, then you can automate your installation package to be automatically signed or if your application is standalone which is from .NET framework familly you can modify the build process under Visual Studio which will sign your application automatically every time you build the solution (probably developer stuff).

Top Bottom