[H] Tabbed Threads [Deleted]

Haydric

Haydric submitted a new resource:

[H] Tabbed Threads - Tab Threads together manually or automatically.

Tabbed Threads is an advance tool that allows you to put tabs together based on thread ID. Each Tab has a specific name that is titled on threads by that name.

You may also have threads automatically generate based on a Tab Rule saying if a Thread is created in this forum create a thread in this forum too. You can have this set based on multiple tabs, and forums.

To make sure your main thread gets a tab when generating a tabs, you need to have a default tab set for the forum.

This add-on...

Read more about this resource...

Im not sure if I understand the function of this addon. What happens after a user click on one of the "tab links" above a thread ? Is this for setting links from one thread to another instead of in posts?

Im not sure if I understand the function of this addon. What happens after a user click on one of the "tab links" above a thread ? Is this for setting links from one thread to another instead of in posts?

It’s similar to how when you create a resource and you have a discussion thread linked to fr. It links these threads together.

Some times an author writes articles in a series like five related parts... this add-on will allow these parts to stay connected...

Thank you, I've been trying to figure out how to do something similar to this. :)

I am having one small difficulty. The main thing I want to do is have an "Original" tab and a "Feedback" tab. It works fantastically, except that it labels both tabs "Feedback." Is this something I'm doing wrong in the setup?

Thank you, I've been trying to figure out how to do something similar to this. :)

I am having one small difficulty. The main thing I want to do is have an "Original" tab and a "Feedback" tab. It works fantastically, except that it labels both tabs "Feedback." Is this something I'm doing wrong in the setup?

Can you send me screen shot of what you have going on and I can give you the correct way of doing it.

Can you send me screen shot of what you have going on and I can give you the correct way of doing it.

Sorry for the delay, it was a hectic day today/yesterday. Hope this is what you need below.

As a note, the two tabs both say 'Feedback' but they work the way I'd want them to. The left one goes to the original thread, the right one goes to the feedback thread. It's easy to jump back and forth between the two.

E3M0yYV.png

The tab themselves, as they appear above the thread.

55RDr7f.png

Tab Types. I added 'Original' here thinking that would solve it, but it doesn't appear to do anything without its own rule.

iZZgw6V.png

Setting 'Feedback' as the default rule for the Writing forum where stories are posted.

53XVaoo.png

The 'Feedback' rule that creates a new thread in the Feedback forum.

Sorry for the delay, it was a hectic day today/yesterday. Hope this is what you need below.

As a note, the two tabs both say 'Feedback' but they work the way I'd want them to. The left one goes to the original thread, the right one goes to the feedback thread. It's easy to jump back and forth between the two.

E3M0yYV.png

The tab themselves, as they appear above the thread.

55RDr7f.png

Tab Types. I added 'Original' here thinking that would solve it, but it doesn't appear to do anything without its own rule.

iZZgw6V.png

Setting 'Feedback' as the default rule for the Writing forum where stories are posted.

53XVaoo.png

The 'Feedback' rule that creates a new thread in the Feedback forum.
You’re fine, you need to set up the ‘original’ as the default tab.

This is a nice add-on. However, I have a problem, if this is applied retrospectively to an existing Forum, then clearly it will only affect new threads. So the question is, how can we retrospectively link an old thread to a tabbed thread in a different forum? Would I have to edit the database directly?

This is a nice add-on. However, I have a problem, if this is applied retrospectively to an existing Forum, then clearly it will only affect new threads. So the question is, how can we retrospectively link an old thread to a tabbed thread in a different forum? Would I have to edit the database directly?
Yes as long as you have permission to add tabs to threads. There is button in the thread control menu to add threads by id.

I couldn't get this to work. I tried all combinations of setting the parent ID and child ID on both the source and destination thread. However, in all cases, it just created a Tab to the same item. Can you confirm that it works for you?

Thanks

I couldn't get this to work. I tried all combinations of setting the parent ID and child ID on both the source and destination thread. However, in all cases, it just created a Tab to the same item. Can you confirm that it works for you?

Thanks
For the way that I use the add-on it work flawlessly, and I do add tab manually for users. If you need some assistance I am more than willing to help you out! :D

Thanks what I do is:

1. Create a new thread in a different forum. And make a note of the ID
  2. Go back to original thread where tab is required
  3. Click on Add tab
  4. Leave the current threadID in the parent thread ID field
  5. Put the ID of the new thread in the thread ID field
  6. Select a tab
  7. Click on Add tab
What happens then is a new tab is added in the new thread which points to itself.

OK, I've figured it out. Not only do I need to create a parent/child relationship as above, I also need to create a tab that points to itself. If I do this, I see the appropriate tabs on each thread.

1519655893202.webp

Is this the admin view ?
or do normal thread viewers see the blue X ?

Can you post a screenshot of this dropdown ?

1519656028383.webp
What other Tab Types are there ?

Top Bottom