[h] Roll Dice

[h] Roll Dice RC2

No permission to download
When this add-on is installed, my co-admins are unable to view the node tree. They get a permission error:
8f12d936e449231e74fe92d95c1cc658.png

The error goes away when I disable the add-on.

Whow, thats weird. I'll take a look into this on Sunday.
But first: Are you're Co-Admins in a seperate Usergroup? Mybe you can activate the Dice Roll Admin for this group an check if that solves the problem. That would help be investigate this.

I can't use this because it's in German. Also, the explanations on how to get this to function are sort of counterintuitive.

Nice Mod, thanks for your hard work.

Couple of things:

1. In the admin panel,
  • 10 Seitiger Würfel (d10)
is showing in the English translations, the rest of the dice are correct. Easy enough to ignore or fix, but thought you should know if you didn't.

2. In forums where the Dice have not been enabled there is still a "roll dice" button that appears on the reply and quick reply. On the create new thread, it's not there, but on the other 2 it's there. If you click the button, it of course gives an error as it should since the dice option is not enabled or what not. Obviously the code that hides it on new thread isn't hiding it for the other two.

hope that helps.

I did - all the other dice show the proper English names.

Today, I discovered something else.

I tried to copy a post I had moved. the move worked, but the copy failed with this:

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'roll_id' in 'field list'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Model/Post.php at line 1715
XenForo_Model_Post->_copyPost() in XenForo/Model/Post.php at line 1501
XenForo_Model_Post->_moveOrCopyPosts() in XenForo/Model/Post.php at line 1405
XenForo_Model_Post->copyPosts() in XenForo/Model/InlineMod/Post.php at line 475
XenForo_Model_InlineMod_Post->_moveOrCopyPosts() in XenForo/Model/InlineMod/Post.php at line 418
XenForo_Model_InlineMod_Post->copyPosts() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Post.php at line 232
XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Post->_moveOrCopyPostsAction() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Post.php at line 154
XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Post->actionCopy() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /homepages/39/d343934524/htdocs/community/index.php at line 13

Hu, That's weird. I testet all, moving, merging, delete, etc. But I think, I know where the error is.

Actually I am melting in > 30°C, I try to update soon.

Ok, so I set up the mod according to the English instructions. Imported everything to where it should be, set permissions everywhere they needed to be set and edited the nodes where the dice were to be applied - all according to the help file. I still get:

The following error occurred:
You can't roll dice here and now.
Maybe you're time to roll is up?

Oookay? Halp. Thx!

If you activated it in the node and in the usergroup it should work. Maybe - depending of your basic settings - you must check the Node/Usergroup Settings.

It's a bit tricky, but I tried to create a maximum flexible system.

If you want, I would take a look into it.

Finally the Version 2 is nearly done. If someone is interested into Beta Testing the XF2.2 Version (it not running with 2.1 or earlier) feel free to drop me a message.

Its completely rewritten, but if you still have the old stuff in you DB, it will be reused if you did not uninstalled the old version.

The XF 2.2 Version is now avaiable here:

Top Bottom