Guide to use the RM here to sell addons

snoopy5

Hi,

I am working with a developer on an addon for xenforo 1.5x. I want to sell that addon later here in the RM to recover some of my costs for it.

It seems that there is no manual for a "newbe" how to set this up, how to configure the download package, the payment options etc. pp.

Is there already a guide for this somewhere? If not I would strongly suggest to offer it.

If you are selling an add-on, that is something you would have to sort out how to do this yourself - the RM only allows for the download of resources or external links to a system that you might use for this. Typically I've seen developers use Fetchapp or set up their own site and use something like Chris D's Xen Product Manager or their own system to manage the purchase and download of resources.

As for packaging the add-on, the best bet is to download some of the free add-ons and see how they are packaged. You should see that typically they are a single zip file, inside which is an upload folder (inside which are all the files and folders for the add-on within a library directory), an XML file for installing the add-on and sometimes a readme.txt file.

Top Bottom