1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Guest Post Viewing Limit

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by borbole, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

This mod will limit post viwing from guests. It will alllow you to show a number of characters before hiding the rest of the post. It will replace it with a register/log in message. Hopefully this will make your guests to register.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the addon_addon-LimitPostGuest.xml file inside the mod package and hit the Install Add On button.

To configure the mod go to Options all the way to the bottom you will see a new option, Guest Post Viewing Limit. click on it and configure the mod to your likings/needs.

For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots below.

Download link and support thread

Thank you for reading this thread :)

Attached Files:

2. araj1971

araj1971 New Member

good one, but cant download from your forum, required a registration
  3. borbole

Yes, to download mods at my forum you must register. It is free and all it takes is one minute :)
    Digital Doctor likes this.
  4. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

If you select the ID of a category as limited will that filter down to the forums under it?
  5. borbole

The selection is for the forums and not categories.
  6. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

Thanks, no interesting for a new registration.
  7. borbole

I am not sure I quite understood what you meant.
    Vodkaholic likes this.
  8. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

He meant that he won't be registering just to download the add-on :)
    His loss, move on to the next topic :D
  9. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Same as DSF, not gonna bother with registration for a one-time use.
  10. borbole

Then don't. No one is forcing you to :)
    tekto likes this.
  11. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

I registered simply because if you can't support a mod author in the simplest of ways then you don't deserve to even try out the mod.
  12. daveb

daveb Member

how does this handle search bots ? i.e. does it cut them off also or does it check agent / IP to see if its a bot and allow through to index full site ?
    14DH01 and Garamond like this.
  13. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

Highly interesting question. If this will mean no harm to search indexes, I'll install it asap.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.