Guest Post Viewing Limit [Deleted]

Hi borbole,

this seems to be a nice add-on (have not downloaded or tried it yet).

I am just wondering:
I do have around 35 Forums. Is there an easier way for adding all those Forums to "limited view", besides entering 35 ID's into a text-box?

Would it be possible to add this feature into the Forum-Nodes, so that this can be set easier?
This might then also allow to have a customized "Guests Message" per Forum.

Hi borbole,

this seems to be a nice add-on (have not downloaded or tried it yet).

I am just wondering:
I do have around 35 Forums. Is there an easier way for adding all those Forums to "limited view", besides entering 35 ID's into a text-box?

Would it be possible to add this feature into the Forum-Nodes, so that this can be set easier?
This might then also allow to have a customized "Guests Message" per Forum.

Yes, you could do a small change to the code to include all forums by default and if you want to exlude any forum, then enter the id of that forum. i.e. in reverse to what it is now.

Yes, that is possible for your second question, however I do not have free time to spend on my free mods.

I get this error when attempting to install it:

Error
Please enter a valid callback method.

Error

I am getting the same error, I have uploaded the files to the main directory and also tried them in the library

Is there a way to let spider bots in? This is seriously going to damage SEO. Maybe give the google bot a username/password or cookie?

Error

I am getting the same error, I have uploaded the files to the main directory and also tried them in the library

Can you double check once again because it looks like it is not uploaded properly.

Is there a way to let spider bots in? This is seriously going to damage SEO. Maybe give the google bot a username/password or cookie?

Doing that would be a violation of their toss. Bots should see the same content as guests do.

Getting

Code:
Fatal error: Method XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception

I dumped the LimitPostGuest folder to library. Was that the wrong location?

For example you can give a registered account to google spider. In this way it will not affect seo (at least for google)

This maybe a conflict with another mod

1) Sometimes the header would get pushed down and the footer pushed up into the 3rd part
2) The following error would randomly generate

PHP:
Fatal error: Method XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Tinhte/XenTag/PostMessageWrapper.php on line 74

Most likely the other mod. :(

For example you can give a registered account to google spider. In this way it will not affect seo (at least for google)
You should treat Google Bot as a guest, and nothing more. Giving special access to Google is poor practice, and giving them special access might result in your site being penalized.

Top Bottom