1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Group permissions

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Garethkayak, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Garethkayak

Garethkayak Member

I've read the implementing permissions across multiple user groups thread and I'm mostly there... just not quite.

What I can't grasp is how to set each node's permission to viewable or not.

I can find the 'view node' setting when I edit a user groups but how do I let the system know which group and node this relates to?

This issue is this: I have a private forum where I don't want any unregistered people to see anything.

I have a group 'registered' who can see everthing but I now need to add in two other groups:
    Gold - who will be able to see all nodes with the exception of one specific node
    ED Course - who will be only able to see that one specific node and nothing else.

I think I need to set 'registered' so they have all the correct permissions such as editing posts but stop them from viewing any nodes.

I then need to create Gold so they can see all the nodes I want them to see

And then create ED Course so they can only see the one specific node.

Two things I think I'm having trouble with:

1 - can I replicate my current 'registered' and rename it Gold, then create a new base 'registered' in line with the 'implementing permissions' thread and stop registered from viewing all nodes?

2 - when I create the usergroup 'ED Course' how do I set the permissions correctly? I think what's confusing me is that I can't find a place where it explicitly says 'allow this usergroup to view this node'.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Garethkayak

Garethkayak Member

Thanks @Brogan I've found it now.