1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Group Moderator

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Xarcell, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a Group Moderator feature. Basically when creating a group, you can apply a moderator to the group that can control who's in the group or not. Either by request, or invitation, with options to approve, deny, or remove.

If "like" this topic if you agree.

Michael Ho, Sunka, maszd and 16 others like this.
  2. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Interesting idea, I like it.

3. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

So more a usergroup manager than a moderator? Sounds like an interesting idea.

4. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

Yes, a usergroup manager so-to-speak...

It's something that' s commonly used with SMF software. I would like to see this feature for xenForo.

5. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

6. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

Please do make this happen. We use it extensively to allow our users to get their own private forums on our site. Essentially, we create a new usergroup and a new subforum, and assign the proper rights to the group while denying everyone else access to the forum.

Being able to off-load the workload of administrating these groups onto someone who actually can verify whether a random applicant belongs to the group or not would be a blessing.

7. ragtek

ragtek Guest

SchmitzIT likes this.
  8. estranged

estranged Well-Known Member

We used this feature on phpbb and it would be nice if xenforo had this too.

9. DigidyDOG

DigidyDOG New Member

I hope I don't get in trouble for necro-ing this post...Is this a thing yet?