Not a bug Group Banners in Profile

osieorb18

Affected version
We're using the image version of this suggestion from Brogan:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/creating-custom-user-banner-styling.7334/.

In the postbit in threads, it looks something like this:

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 10.21.12 PM.png

In the profile and tooltip, it looks something like this:

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 10.40.49 PM.png

I'm fine with either removing it entirely from the profile or just sizing it up there, but as is, it's ugly/frustrating. This issue wasn't happening before XF2.2.

Last edited:
Banners show fine in the tooltip so I suspect this is most likely an issue with the custom CSS you have used to display the images and hide the banner text.

Banners show fine in the tooltip so I suspect this is most likely an issue with the custom CSS you have used to display the images and hide the banner text.

From extra.less:

Code:
@media (max-width: 650px){
.Staff.message-userBanner.userBanner {
      font-size: 0px;
      background-image: none !important;
}
}
.Staff {
     background-image: url('styles/default/xenforo/userbanners/sm.png');
     background-repeat: no-repeat;
     background-position: center top;
     height:5px;                             
     background-size: 100%;   
     min-block-size: 20px;             
     padding-top: 0px;                 
     padding-bottom: 22px;
     text-align: center top;
}

From the group page:

Screenshot_20201020-101026.webp

Screenshot_20201020-101040.webp

As far as I know, these are the only modifications.

Looking at your site, it appears to be fixed now, but it is indeed related to your customizations. Notably, you're generally relying on the natural size of the banner which in many cases is based soley on the size of the banner text, and the text you've shown there is very short. (In some cases, like in messages, it's a block element and thus takes up the width allocated to the banner.)

Looking at your site, it appears to be fixed now, but it is indeed related to your customizations. Notably, you're generally relying on the natural size of the banner which in many cases is based soley on the size of the banner text, and the text you've shown there is very short. (In some cases, like in messages, it's a block element and thus takes up the width allocated to the banner.)
Yeah, I made the text transparent and used longer text so it shows up in the profile.

Top Bottom