GPT bootdisk on a non-EFI system

It's for Windows only, something about RAID configuration and extra drivers.

I'm stuck. No where to go. After installing Centos with LVM, I see only "Boot Failed" after restart.
Just for grins and giggles (really mainly to see if it is something that is centOS specific) have you tried installing something else - like Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, etc. just to see if it works?

Just for grins and giggles (really mainly to see if it is something that is centOS specific) have you tried installing something else - like Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, etc. just to see if it works?
Downloading Debian right now...

Installing Windows Server 2012 is so eaaassy in this machine.

Downloading Debian right now...

Installing Windows Server 2012 is so eaaassy in this machine.
If it is using the BIOS raid, from what I understand (and this is why I won't use onboard bios RAID) is a lot of times that it causes some headaches. I'd rather use software RAID than onboard bios.

Have never seen that during a Debian install. Are you doing custom partinioning?
My debian download is still... downloading. (120KBps) :D

Yeah, custom. And it's still CentOS.

I see "Boot Failed" message with /boot as "Force to be a primary partition", / as "Force to be a primary partition", both in standard partition and LVM.

--edit--
It's finished. Let's see...

Debian 6 32-bit, using default "Guided entire disk"

/swap 4000M
/ the rest of it, bootable flag

Result: Boot failed.

Debian 6 32-bit, using default "Guided entire disk"

/swap 4000M
/ the rest of it, bootable flag

Result: Boot failed.
Ouch..... Did you do like I earlier suggested and see if their is a BIOS update out for the server?
And are you using the onboard BIOS to configure a RAID array (if there are two drives in the system)?

Ouch..... Did you do like I earlier suggested and see if their is a BIOS update out for the server?
And are you using the onboard BIOS to configure a RAID array (if there are two drives in the system)?
Latest BIOS is 1.07 and I had 1.06, and not using RAID (just 1 drive)

And to think... the solution came from a Debian forum (now, I have to run and hide from @Floren :p )

Glad you got it figured out @Sheratan - I honestly haven't had much time to do anything last night and today on the net. Mowing yard, going to Tyler (1.5 hours round trip) to return dog door then, prepping for Mothers Day tomorrow kept me busy.

Top Bottom