Google's Intant Preview (The new era: SEO?)

Do you think users will now click on results that have a better design(out of curiosity)?

• Yes

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Ray

Hello, everyone!

So Google has launched a new feature called "Instant Previews"

The name says it all, this feature allows you to preview webpages to "see" if that's what you are looking for.

I'm an Opera user and this feature seems to be working in Chrome and firefox ATM.(haven't tried I.E or Safari)

I can already see people getting their sites designed for a more pleasant look to attract more clicks and "CPA" sites worrying, i mean who loves SURVEYS? LOL!

Xenforo looks great ;)

xenforo.webp

Hmm interesting. Of course "better design" is subjective -- like, personally I'd be looking for well-organized rather than a showcase -- but yes, I do think it would be an influence.

This will hurt a lot of startups, or websites that just "started." :(
Does this new feature diminish traffic?
If you have a relevant, and good looking website, it won't.

But if your site looks hmm.... "bland" it will affect SEO.

However, this will help users understand what is real and what isn't. There's a lot of phishers out there, so this may help diminish traffic for them.

Hmm I actually kinda like it, the couple sites I manage atm look real good in it. I've notice any sites that have large flash blocks just show up as blank. So that's something to keep in mind too.

Design has always been a massive part of whether a user stays or go's, now IMHO, yes... this will directly reduce the bounce rate and traffic of many sites using deceptive techniques and / or poorly designed.

it's funny that I just saw this thread as I just noticed this feature on google a few moments ago, I like the idea let's me figure out quicker if it is in fact what I was looking for, especially in the case where I visited a site in the past but am not entirely sure what it was called if I search similar terms I can find it much faster.

Yes, I think it will influence webmasters to be more cautious about the way they design their sites/

ugh i have a flash header and my forum looks pretty boring compared to my largest competitors site.. Yeah i think it will effect SEO for sure..

So Google has launched a new feature called "Instant Previews"
The name says it all, this feature allows you to preview webpages to "see" if that's what you are looking for.

Can anyone think in what VERY specific situation the preview would help ?
I can't see myself using the Instant Preview feature very much.

Can anyone think in what VERY specific situation the preview would help ?.
I suppose it would greatly depend on the audience you are seeking.. I could see this being beneficial on an adult themed site for example :cool:.. Although as someone else already mentioned. i never even bothered to see what the magnifying glass icon was all about until i read this thread.. But i can definitely see myself using it as another search tool now that i know about it.

Most start-up websites don't usually tend to be high in google rankings. Unless your searching for your domain ;)

That also depends on Keywords/metanames ...People often use keywords to search sites in google so need to give attention to that side too .

That also depends on Keywords/metanames ...People often use keywords to search sites in google so need to give attention to that side too .
This is true. When I had www.mw2forums.com as a "under construction" page, I saw a lot of "mw2 forums" keywords. And I do mean a lot. If I had a lot of money back then, my site would be exploding. Now I am relying on advertising.

Top Bottom