1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Google+ Sign Up

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Israel, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Israel

Israel Member

Is there anyone who could create a way for people to sign up/in to my forum via their Google+ account?

If this something like this needs to be paid to be created, how much would it cost? I may be willing to pay for it depending, thanks.
    SchmitzIT, gordy, TheVisitors and 6 others like this.
  2. Israel

Israel Member

So...no one else is interested in this or want to develop it? There are like 100 million G+ users now, seems that allowing them to sign up to your forum with their Google account would be quite helpful.
  3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

4. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

This needs to become a thing.
    Israel likes this.
  5. Israel

Israel Member

Thanks! Looks like there is/was interest in this... Any suggestions as to who I can contact to pay to have a Google sign in add on made?

On a side note T8L, what add on are you using that places the Facebook and Twitter logon buttons beneath the "Sign Up" button on your site?
  6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Israel likes this.
  7. Israel

Israel Member

8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

9. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Word x2....

The8thLegion likes this.
  10. Israel

Israel Member

Sooo, what sort of person would I need to hire to get this made. I can use the Google, but don't know what terms to search for. Do I need to find a CSS type person, or a Xenforo coder...I know nothing of these coding things, thanks.
  11. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

12. Israel

Israel Member

It's integrated into the "Livefyre" commenting system on my blog, gnarld.com , I'm sure I've seen it a few other places as well. It's surely not widespread though.
  13. oman

oman Well-Known Member

I would definitely like to see this add on made. I'm sure it would be widely used. :)
  14. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Like the post if you want it added.
    TheVisitors and The8thLegion like this.
  15. Israel

Israel Member

How many likes does it take to get it added?
  16. NeoCHI

NeoCHI Active Member

17. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

NeoCHI and 8thos like this.
  18. NeoCHI

NeoCHI Active Member

Sweet! thanks!
  19. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

There is already a way to login and create an account with your google account.. Twitter and facebook as well ;)
  20. NeoCHI

NeoCHI Active Member

Well facebook is built in right?

It's just google and twitter.

Atfirst I thought the built in twitter integration option allowed for account login aswell but after looking at it again it doesn't seem like does so that addon Stewart linked really fills in the gaps.